:: We took family photos on Saturday as well. Bless Shaila's heart for taking us on, we're not an easy bunch. There were some meltdowns and I'm not saying how many belonged to the adults, ha. And look at the almost 2 yr old boy up there. He was not having it. It was so frustrating. How can I not remember the other boys acting like this when I know they did?! We pushed through and did get some great photos. Thanks a million Shaila!!
:: I wore a black and white patterned dress to church yesterday. It's not flattering at all (I've gained weight since I bought it loooong ago) but the church dress options around here are slim pickings and I wear it once in a while even though I don't really feel comfortable in it. When I went to the nursery to pick up Reed, he ran right over to me with the biggest smile and started pointing at my dress and said, 'moo, moo, moo, moo.' It was so funny. Not sure that dress is going to be put back into the short dress rotation I have. I don't want him saying 'moo, moo' with a bunch of other people around. That would require one of those awkward laughs as you turned and walked the other way. Kids!
:: After church, we ate a primo dinner at Shaila's celebrating Marion's birthday (Happy Birthday!). The cousins love to run and make tons of noise, we love Shaila's basement!
Yesterday was our primary program at church. The theme this year is 'My Eternal Family'. It was such a good program, the kids were adorable (of course I'm one sided there) and most importantly I felt the spirit so strong. Last year I was so proud to remember my camera and take a photo of the kids before church and I wanted to do it again this year. I left the camera at home and thought, no biggie, I'll just take one of them when we get home. Wrong timing for sure. Dane lost his tie, untucked his shirt, had to potty (half the photos he was doing the dance) and as you can see Reed was just as cooperative here as he was taking family photos. He loves getting his way and his way would have been to stop the photos altogether. Not with me buddy. I better stop, his almost two year old self deserves it's own post! Back to the primary program....
One of the songs was Baptism. It's one of my favorite primary songs. My memories of primary are patchy but I remember the song leader teaching this one and I feel like that's when I first started to build my testimony. Every time I hear this song, I get goosebumps and immediately feel the spirit. They had all the kids that have been or will be baptized in 2009 get up and sing the 3rd verse by themselves. Since Kat was baptized Jan 3rd and Nate will be baptized December 19th, they were both up there and I started crying before they even started the verse. They're growing up and it's crazy how I feel like they were just 3 and 4 and now they're 8 and 9.
Kat wrote her own talk. One funny note, every time she said the word priesthood, she said, 'priesthoodhood'. It wasn't written that way but how she read it. It was so cute.
The priesthood blesses my family and me every day. I’ve been blessed with the priesthood power lots of times but the most powerful time was my blessing to receive the Holy Ghost at my baptism. I think it was so spiritual. I hope when you get baptized and get the Holy Ghost that you feel the same way. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Dane's part- I lived with Heavenly Father before I came to earth. In the premortal life, I chose to follow Jesus Christ.
I'm so grateful for the primary program, for the leaders and teachers, the lessons and songs and for the big influence each one has on my kids.
12 comments:
What a sweet post, Melanie. I loved reading about when, where, what caused the beginning of your testimony.
And I love the photo for the annuals of "Sacrament Meeting Presentations." That's a real one for what it's like :)
We just had our program Sunday too. Being in the Primary Presidency...I am soooo glad it is OVER! Being a Mom, I was sad because it was Sydney's last program and she was sick with swine flu! She was so sad. Sounds like your kiddos did great, way to go! Where are the family pictures? I want to see! Thank heavens 2 year olds are not 2 forever!
Glad the program went well. Sounds like we are a family of Primary workers. Brenda- a teacher, and Holly, Becky, and I in the presidency. Crazy fun! It's always a relief to have them over!
Kat saying priesthoodhood was hilarious. It made me giggle. Your kids were all singing their hearts out. I had a few tears too....seeing nathan in Chris's suit and thinking about his mission papers going in in one week....and remembering him in primary programs really made me realize how fast they grow up.
i always enjoy the primary program.
Excited to see your family pictures!
Love it! We got to choose which songs to play at Preston's baptism (it was a stake baptism) and I chose Baptism. It's my all time favorite. When mom started playing it for the prelude music, the dam broke for me! I'm not emotionally unstable at all! Can't wait to see more family pictures:)
We had our sacrament presentation on Sunday as well. I really should blog about it.
I think it is good that we forget about things like how 2 year olds don't cooperate for family photos. It helps us look back on things with rose colored glasses, yes?
I wish I went to your primary program instead! Haha Ours was not cute like that. And don't you imagine how hard it'd be to take a pic of kids back in the day, when they had those slow ghetto cameras. Agh. Thank goodness for technology.
I can't believe how old my little kids are getting. I just saw pictures today of when Kathryn was born into our family and how the time has passed. Maybe she got the "hood, hood" from Reed who always repeats himself. Moo, moo... Gotta love those 2 year-olds. Love this post! :o)
I wear the same things week after week too. It stinks. :( Reed is funny though.
Your kids are looking so big! I can't even believe it. I'm sad I missed the annual 5th ward Primary program.
I love the photo of them after Church. SO classic! At least you have Nathan to wrangle Reed long enough to get a picture! Little stinker.
Can't wait to see your family pictures!
Our primary program was sweet too. It was exactly the kind of topic that I remember needing and wanting to understand when I was in primary. I'm glad they've been focusing on it this year. I also love the song Baptism. It's melody and beautiful piano accompaniment.
Funny thing about the black and white dress. Kids need a censor button!
Post a Comment