Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Costume or The Age?

In 2005.....

When Dane was 2, he hated this costume.

I mean really, really hated it. After much candy bribing, he did end up wearing it for the night without the ears on. Candy worked wonders with him (still does actually).

And in 2009.......

At almost 2, Reed hates it just as much.

He was so sad trying to shake the white gloves off.

Then he sat down and the drama started just like 4 years ago.

He rolled all over the ground kicking and screaming until I took the costume off. What in the world, doesn't everyone love Mickey Mouse? It's the cutest costume on plus it's nice and warm. I'm hoping he loves it by Saturday but I'm not holding out much hope. Remember he's almost 2 and they don't comply! This must be an age related issue, Nathan was not a happy 2 yr old in his Woody costume either. Good thing Reed is a candy lover, we'll definitely be bribing him when Saturday rolls around.

{On a completely different note, every time I upload photos on here, it uploads two different copies of each photo. It's driving me nuts. And it's always starting me out in Edit HTML mode. Also annoying. Am I the only one with these issues? Help!}

18 comments:

Heather said...

Oh so cute! Hoping he'll cooperate on Saturday!

Chad and Jaycie said...

I'm laughing tears right now!!! How funny!

Cale and Sharon said...

That's too funny. Good Luck Saturday

Holly said...

Sooo funny! That costume is tooo cute! How come 2 year olds don't get that? Good luck Saturday, if candy won't do the trick then I doubt anything will!

ab5cgang said...

That is to funny. I love your blog!

donna said...

OH my! :)

becca said...

OH my gosh....I am dying! I love it and how cute that you have these photos of both boys!

That costume is ADORABLE!! :)

Heidi said...

Hilarious!!! That is so funny that both of them were 2 and throwing fits on the floor. ha ha ha! Good luck on Saturday. I'm hoping my Woody keeps his costume one. :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

Is is genetic? You might want to talk to Milo about that. I'm sure you and Kyle were always willing to let me deck you out in some fu fu costume! I know you were an adorable 2 year old clown. Have a fun day and yes, use candy or what ever it takes! lol

Marion said...

This is hysterical! Talk about funny! Maybe we would all pitch a fit if someone put us in a Mickey Mouse outfit, too! Cute kids even though they're pitching fits!

Lucy said...

Hilarious! Definitely the age.

Lyle and Mary: said...

Haha...that's too funny. My daughter in law was just saying how much her 2 year old didn't want to wear the costume she had spent hours sewing and they had to bribe her with candy all night long to keep it on her. It must be the age.

Becky Noftle said...

I love Mickey--I'll wear it. I don't know big words like HTML but when I upload pics it is a bunch of words till I post then it is magically a picture, very confusing though.

jenny said...

That is hilarious. He still makes a cute Mickey though :)

Laurie said...

Aahh...poor guy. That costume looks so hot! It was probably perfect for a night outside Trick or Treating though, and definitely cute!

Melinda said...

Those pictures are the funniest thing ever! I love that costume, it is so cute. Too bad it's not fun to wear.

Vicki Sabin said...

Oh my goodness! This was HILARIOUS! I laughed my head off. Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

It's so awesome that you have photos of both boys crying in that costume!