Thursday, November 05, 2009

Back to Halloween

I can't believe it's almost been a week since Halloween. I have a birthday to post about tomorrow and know if I don't get this post up, it will end up in the never finished pile. We had a great Halloween, the weather was perfect. Not too hot or too cold. It was a busy, busy day but we did it with minimal chaos.

{No retouching on Kat's eyes, they are really that blue!}

Marion had her annual Witch Party and this year invited the granddaughters. Kat was so excited to go. I'll admit to having much more fun this year and didn't really complain about dressing up. Maybe only an eye roll or two from feeling so self conscious. The costume did help me feel more 'witchy' Plus, I liked my wig with bangs. Thanks Marion, borrowing your dress worked!

Witch Gramimi with her witchy grandaughters, Kathryn and Jayni.

Of course Mickey ran off before he could be in the photo with our cute cowgirl, our mad scientist (who was always in character) and our awesome baseball player. Kathryn and Nathan figured out their costumes by themselves. Nate borrowed his Uncle Matt's lab coat and goggles and didn't care that the coat was huge on him. I will admit to talking up the baseball costume for Dane. It was one laying around and I didn't want to buy yet another one time use costume. I like the costume that keeps on giving.

We paid a visit to my grandma now that she's living here in town. Reed was really into the photo this time, ha! Grandma's looking good in this photo and loved the short, crazy visit. She even tried my witch hat on!

We went to Marion's trunk or treat again this year and this time they had hot dogs to eat as a snack between candy bars. Dane had a little hot dog with his mustard and ketchup. After trunk or treat we went around the neighborhood with the cousins. The kids have been talking about and looking forward to this since last year. They loved it!

The flash almost ruined this photo but it's the only one that shows his whole costume and all it's cuteness. Reed was content just hanging out in Marion's trunk while the bigger kids went around the whole parking lot. He was so proud to finally be holding a sucker with those white hands.

On Monday we took our candy to the dentist and sold it back for our troops in Iraq. Almost 9 lbs of candy outta here, thank heavens. I surely don't need that sitting around here! The kids took their money, a new toothbrush and planned for $1 hot fudge sundaes that night and they haven't missed it once.

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You and Kat are darling in your witches costumes.

I still can't believe what a service that is for your dentist to do. Really. That is brilliant. He's single-handedly going to conquer rotted teeth one Halloween at a time.

Marion said...

I'm so glad I'm beginning to convert you to Witch-hood! Maybe next year it will only be a "sigh" and no "eye rolls"! I'm so glad Jayni and Kathryn came and hope to make this a fun tradition. It is a unique one, don't you think? Love the cute pictures of the kids, as always!

Heather said...

LOVE the witches! What a fun idea! Seriously that candy idea is the best. I need to pass it along to our dentist. Of course- that would take away his business of filling cavities after Halloween!

Holly said...

Man the kids look awesome! Urgg! I am soo jealous you got rid of your candy. We have almost gotten rid of ours...but not the way I would have hoped! You look awesome in your witch costume, and sounds like a fun party!

Jill said...

You two make cute witches! What does one do at a witch party? That sounds like a fun idea.

The kids look so cute in their costumes!

Sara said...

You look hot in your wig!! Usually wigs aren't attractive. But in your case, you rock that.