I've been sick all weekend with a horrible cold. Achy head and bones, a nose that does not work at. all., sneezing every 10 minutes. I can't hear anymore with my ears all plugged up and I have a cough that sounds so nasty, it scares people away. I had been pretty cocky about not being a 'sick house' this winter and now it's come back to bite me in the butt full force. I loathe being sick. Really loathe it. How dumb to think we'd actually get away with no sicknesses!I missed church for the third week in a row today. Pretty sure my new ward thinks I'm some sort of inactive wife that sends her family to church for a break. Three weeks ago it was Reed, last week Dane and today both Nathan and I have the crud we are passing around. We planned on switching it up last week but the self proclaimed 'choir nag' wanted Milo to sing in the men's choir they had planned for that day. So three Sunday's home now and I feel like I haven't been for months. I want to say I'm going next week but at this point I don't want to jinx anything!
In other news, we finally put Reed into a bed two days ago. He hasn't tried to get out of bed at night or naptime once in the last couple days. It's been great and he's so cute in his big boy bed until now. Already tonight (it's 8:04pm), Milo and I have put him back to bed 11 times. He sneaks down the hall and thinks we are going to laugh at his tricks. While his face is adorable and kind of funny as he's sneaking, I'm in no mood to deal with a 2 year old that mocks bedtime when I'm sick. Not tonight mister!
Your turn to whine. What have you got?
13 comments:
I don't like being sick either! I'm sorry. It's especially hard being sick and taking care of 4 kids. I'm feeling something coming on like I might get sick, but listening to you hopes I don't!
We are wanting to change Preston into a bed soon (still waiting on the bunk bed to come!), but we'll see how many times he gets up. Not looking forward to that.
Oh head colds are the ABSOLUTE WORST!! I hope you wake up in the morning feeling like a new woman! Hang in there Mel! Love you!
I'm sick too! I missed church today because this morning I felt awful. Ugh. Brent told me I could just stay home. Thankfully, I feel a lot better as the day goes on-just the mornings are bad.
Oh man. That doesn't sound like whining, it sounds like misery. I hope you feel better soon. Real soon.
I wish mom's could get 'sick days.' Your kids can come over and you can take a nap, doesn't that sound good?
My turn to whine? I want to be in Seattle tomorrow with my sister while her son goes through grueling tests. But I live here so instead I have to go to Disneyland tomorrow. I know that sounds bad (and I am excited about Disneyland) but I wish I could be closer to my sister right now. There. I'm done. I hope you feel better soon. Mom's usually don't have anyone to take care of THEM when they're sick. Feel better Melly! Love you!
man up melanie...hahaha
this sickness is going around! I hope everyone feels better soon!
GET BETTER MEL!!!!!!!!!! Sorry....but I giggled at the sneaking out of bed part....I can just picture the sneaky look on his face.
kids--I got kids.
Poor you! Feel better soon. P.S. I think mom's are entitled to whine if we're sick!
I hope you are getting better! That is the worst! I say enjoy the fact that you can miss church....(you know how it is when you have a calling that forces you out of bed somedays!! : )
And Reed is in a bed already! I haven't even thought about it with Brody! Both of my girls were in a bed within a month of turning 2, and neither of them ever got out of bed. Brody is a whole different ball game and I can already imagine the torture it is going to be! Let me know what works....I will need the advice!
Oh dear, this sounds grim. I feel totally "off" when I miss church even one week so I think 3 would leave me a wreck!
I hope you can go this week!
Post a Comment