... why I get so excited after I wash, dry, fold and put away 10 loads of laundry in one day only to see the basket almost full after bathing 4 kids. A definite buzz kill.
... if my boys will ever learn the manners I *try* and teach them. Nathan moans while he eats, very much like Bob in 'What About Bob', Dane shoves 2 or 3 bites of food in his mouth at a time at. every. meal. Neither of them find hand washing a necessity after the bathroom. Nathan eats food off the floor/ground unless I catch him. Dane snuffs his nose in a loogi sort of way multiple times a day and, and, and. Help me.
... if I'll stop missing the kid's old school anytime soon. We went back for a visit this week and the list is long on why I still compare. Nicer front office staff (waaaay nicer), friendlier teachers that seem to love the kids more, an awesome principal and lots of cute kids I know. It takes time to settle in, I do know that but it was great fun for the kids to have a little visit. And once we're at this school long enough for me to know the entire staff, hopefully I'll feel the same way. The kids ate lunch with their classes and spent recess hanging with their buds. Nathan said they were surrounded by people asking them all sorts of questions. I could almost feel how cool they felt with they way they were describing it. A fun memory for sure.
... why I can't seem to post or comment much these days. I'm doing less hair and have less social time, so it doesn't exactly even out. Not much happening and much less photo taking. Blah.
... when (more accurately if) our other house will ever sell and be off our hands. It's so frustrating and we're both getting sick of paying for a house we don't even live in!
One thing I'm not wondering about is what time my own haircut is tomorrow. 12pm and I'll be early. I can't wait, I've been in the frumpy, week before a cut stage and I'm not a fan! I love getting my hair cut.
11 comments:
I'm sorry you're feeling blah. I have those weeks too. And no fear about the boys. They sound way less disgusting than mine. That should make you feel better;)
You make me laugh out loud!! I can totally relate to the whole manner thing. Boys are so much different than us girls. I could tell you some horror stories from my own house but I'll spare you. Your kids are super funny and WAY cute, if they never have good manners at least they have that. Love you!
I have one boy of the three that sincerely tries not to be gross. The others...well...
Moving is stressful! I didn't know you were still trying to sell a house. That makes it about 1,000 times more stressful. Sending good vibes your way.
You are too funny! Boys will be boys, won't they? It does get better...Look at Milo's great eating habits! (ha!) He DOES do great considering.....I hope your house sells soon. I know that's a heavy burden but I'm sure it will. Love you lots!
Oh Melanie, I think you're doing great! I think moves are horrible, and I only moved from out of town, to in town. Wimp! Hang in there!
Hope the new haircut makes it ALL better!
It seems like loads of bloggers are in a commenting slump. I don't know what it is, either.
(self-portrait your haircut!)
Hope your haircut and visits went well in the big city.
I wish Preston would eat off the floor or even off his plate that would be nice! ha ha. I'm sorry about the difference with the schools. It's hard to get used to one thing and then change it up. That's fun for the kids though to go back and visit. I didn't know you were planning on doing that. They probably felt like celebrities. :)
Oh how I love to get a haircut...you know...so have fun tomorrow with that.
I think manners take a long, long time to learn, especially for boys because I know men who are still trying to figure them out!
Hey, did you check your email this week, you're one of the winners of my good mail giveaway!
I've got two inch roots these days and they're driving me crazy!
I didn't realize you haven't sold your other house... dang.
I hope you get settled in and out of the blahs soon. It would be hard to start over, even when it is a good thing.
I went to dinner with 11 junior high GIRLS tonight and I was h.o.r.r.i.f.i.e.d. at their manners. Your boys have nothing on them!
I hate blah weeks too! Hope this week is better. You are doing a great job if you ask me...in every department! Don't worry...you'll love the kids school soon enough. It just takes time, I promise. We changed schools this year and I thought there was NO way we were going to be able to adjust...but now that the year is almost over, I LOVE it at the new school. There is hope, I promise! Love and miss you!
Post a Comment