Last Saturday we decided on a last minute family hike. The catch in that sentence is last minute part. We only made it about 3/4 of the way up the mountain when Dane was consistently crying for either a snack or a piggy back so we turned around and headed back to the van. I did bring water but I figured since they had just had snacks at home why bother lugging them around. Lesson learned. Also learned I should have taken my camera for the gorgeous views. Milo's phone was better than nothing though.
What can I say, Dane loves our neighbors. I should capitalize that and put it in bold. Their family is opposite of ours, one son followed by 3 girls. Dane loves to play with Sydney, they're in the same kinder class too. He is also quite taken with her older brother because he knows a lot more tricks with the Wii than I do. And they have the best mom ever, she lets him stay all afternoon. I feel so guilty about it. I head over there, get him home and when I can't find him again I know he's snuck down there again. Good thing he behaves over there.
Some days I wonder if I should be offended that he would rather play outside with them and in their yard/house but since I can't fit in the stroller, It think I'll just let him keep heading up the street for fun.
I haven't written a post about Reed for quite a while (not shocking with my lack of posting, I know) and he has changed so much and is in such a fun age. I feel a little guilty because I just enjoy him so much more than I did the other boys at this age. There are so many reasons I was more stressed with them (age, school for Milo, crazy schedules, family issues). I loved them just as much but me being older and he's the only young one have been huge factors. It's been nice to be more laid back. Right now at almost 2 1/2, this is Mr. Reed.....
I swear he has a built in GPS because when we're driving around he is quite content but as soon as we are a couple miles from home without mentioning home, he starts to get irritated and says, 'No back home mommy. No back home.' He likes to go.
He cannot whisper. Ever. Especially not in church.
He love to drive past the temple and has started to sing his own version of a temple song since he doesn't know all the words to I Love to See the Temple. I took a video but I guess it's too big, it wont upload, sad. Anyway, to goes something like this. 'Temple, here. Temple, here. La, la, la. Ya, ya, ya. Temple, here. Temple heeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeee.' It's adorable.
His breakfast of champions is 3 or 4 bowls of 'Frosted Nakes'. He loves them.
He thinks he knows his letters and with any writing on clothing or movies/TV he points to the letters and says 'B, Y, O, U.' He's gotten a few right but so far I'm pretty sure it's an accident.
He can't wait to go into nursery every Sunday. When we walk into sacrament meeting, he cries for his 'frens'. Every week.
He loves to eat crackers, pancakes, granola bars, fruit snacks, yogurt, Frosted Nakes, oatmeal, french toast, pretzels, apples and bananas. He honestly doesn't eat much of anything I make for dinner unless it's bread. Even if I take away the afternoon snack. He hates real food. I know he's not lacking but it's still frustrating.
He adores Kathyrn, Nathan and Dane. And he loves when they do what he says, ha.
Today when we went to Target and were going by the milk isle, he remembered who we met and talked to in the same isle last week. He asked for him by name and told me he shared pretzels with him. Crazy 2 yr old memory!
He goes potty on the toilet every time I sit him on it. I've been trying to remember 4-5 times thoughout the day. He's getting close but I am not into accidents all day long so we'll wait just a bit to fully potty train. He thinks he's big stuff and loves when I jump up and down and clap.
He is a TV junkie and asks for a 'show' first thing in the morning.
He's my first consistent early morning riser. Ugh, I wish I didn't hear him yelling at 6:15/6:30. It's either for a 'show' or 'brek time'. I can't get him to snuggle in either, I don't like clockin in before 7, ha.
He knows we call my mom on Skype so he walks by the computer and says, 'I talk Gwamma. Call Gwamma.'
Even with his yelling and naughtiness and crazy 2 yr old ways, we love this guy. He is the life of the party.
I don't think it's unusual to enjoy your kids more, the more you get. Does that make sense? I think you are relaxed more, realize some things you once thought were big things aren't, you know they don't stay little very long, etc. When I had my "third" child, she and the rest were easy! Love the post!
Hey Mel check out goodnitelite.com I'm going to get this for Emma when we move. She's going to be kicked out of her crib first thing and I've only read good things about this.
Reed is getting so big! I can't wait to see you guys!
10 comments:
Dane's face says it all!!! Too funny!
I don't think it's unusual to enjoy your kids more, the more you get. Does that make sense? I think you are relaxed more, realize some things you once thought were big things aren't, you know they don't stay little very long, etc. When I had my "third" child, she and the rest were easy! Love the post!
Ahh.....I need a Reed fix. He always makes me smile.
yeah an update!!!
looks like you are settling in down there, and the kids are doing well. i'm happy for you.
and reed....so cute.
Hey Mel check out goodnitelite.com I'm going to get this for Emma when we move. She's going to be kicked out of her crib first thing and I've only read good things about this.
Reed is getting so big! I can't wait to see you guys!
We are so happy to be your neighbors. I love your kids and are so thankful they play with mine!
Good neighbors are the best! It's better that they play outside anyway b/c then it's less mess inside. :)
Reed is a character. He acts like he is 4 and maybe looks like it too. ha ha.
Reed is getting so big! Good to see you back at blogging :) Miss you guys!
Great neighbor friends are priceless. The built in GPS cracks me up.
That's so great that you have good neighbor kids to play with nearby! Dane looks like he's having the best time ever.
Reed is so darling! I can't believe he's 2.5 already, wow. Little kid GPS cracks me up.
Post a Comment