I have so much catch up blogging to do, all worthy things I don't want to skip so, here we go.
The boys started baseball, coach pitch, a few weeks ago. It's been a very laid back team that was pretty frustrating at first (horrible communication and canceling practice because of predicted weather a couple days ahead, lame) but I've since let that mostly go because they boys have had so much fun.
Nathan especially would love a more competitive group of kids (he's the oldest) but he still never complains about going and he's pretty sure he's some sort of 8 yr old baseball stud. Kathryn does a fabulous job of watching Reed at the playground during the short games, thanks Kat!
There was a Mother/Daughter activity just before Mother's Day. It was on a Friday night and as we were getting ready to go Milo was in a fairly foul mood. It left somewhat annoyed and figured it was because he would have rather gone out with me, ha. The activity was fun, we had to build something with mini marshmallows and dry spaghetti noodles. Can you tell the planner is an engineer? Of course Kat wanted to make animals with beds and blankets. After it was over I just milled about not really wanting to head home to a grumpy husband. I'm still trying to meet people/put names with faces in our huge ward so while we cleaned up I got a little chatting time in.
Funny Kat story. She lost her brown glasses on recess a few weeks ago and just a day or two after that she broke the blue pair she's wearing here (with a super glued lens no lens) Anyway when I was asking her where she lost her brown pair she told me she was on the twirly bars. She cried at school and her whole class went out and searched the playground by the twirly bars for her glasses and didn't find them. I asked her if she could think of somewhere else she would have been playing when they fell off her face and she gave the most hilarious, Kathryn answer ever. She said, 'Mom, I am positively not sure where I was when I lost them.' All said with a very serious, straight face. Love this girl! ~Side note, just a couple days ago the missing brown pair of glasses was found on recess by a 4th grader. Good thing too, the super glue wasn't holding, ha!
As we drove in the driveway and opened the garage, these guys were hiding in their car waiting for me......
I was so surprised! I know I didn't really act like it, I was driving home kind of bummed about still not feeling 'friends' with all the people and lo and behold, there are my friends! Still feel kind of bad they waited for me for an hour. It was much later than they expected and we we ended up at Red Robin. I can't count the number of tables we annoyed with our laughing, it was awesome. We closed the place down after countless drink refills and tons of catching up. I loved that each of them came down and took the time to plan a sneak attack. I have some amazing friends and I miss them so much as I work on making some here.
Guess next time there's a surprise, Milo better hold off the grump. In his defense, he was secretly trying to have the house 'just so' before the girls got there and was a little stressed getting it done. So his grump could kind of be considered sweet, ha.
For Mother's Day, I requested a garden. So we went on a family fun trip to the store for plants, seeds and compost. The actual planting started with the kids playing around with the hose, getting wet, loving the warm afternoon and it ended like this.....
freezing cold in the pouring rain! The kids ran inside and Milo and I stuck it out to get those little plants in the ground. The garden boxes were here when we moved in and I really wanted to plant our first garden. We've over planted most things, just to ere on the side of caution in case it all dies!
We planted tomatoes, jalapenos, banana peppers, yellow and green zucchini, spinach, lettuce, green beans and strawberries. Most of it's looking pretty good. The zucchini have a few leaves turning yellow, I've yet to see the beans sprout and we still haven't gotten a few other things planted on the other side of the house. The good news is the tomatoes look strong and healthy and yesterday I counted 13 strawberries. Not bad for a rookie.
Next up.... Time Out for Women weekend (finished below) and babysitting cousins and trip to the zoo (working on it).
Good job on the garden! I can't wait to see it! I love that picture of you by the way, I must say you look pretty hot wet Mel! Or maybe it's the "Just do it" shirt. Whaterver it is, it's working.
I'm impressed with the garden too. That is so nice of your friends to come over and surprise you. I would have done the same thing and started chit chatting rather than going home to a grumpy husband. ha ha! Good thing RR stays open late. :)
Yeah for girl's night out!!! Yeah for the graden! Yeah for the zoo! yeah for.. everything!!! I want a garden too, your looks great. I still don't have my planter boxes made yet :)
10 comments:
Good, good, and good. Oh and it was good talking to you today!
I'm so glad you got a surprise from your friends! I can totally relate to getting grumpy under pressure...
I'm impressed with your garden... ours is still waiting to be started with the seedlings on my desk.
I hope this week is going well....
Good job on the garden! I can't wait to see it! I love that picture of you by the way, I must say you look pretty hot wet Mel! Or maybe it's the "Just do it" shirt. Whaterver it is, it's working.
I'm impressed with the garden too. That is so nice of your friends to come over and surprise you. I would have done the same thing and started chit chatting rather than going home to a grumpy husband. ha ha! Good thing RR stays open late. :)
Fun, fun, and fun. I'm missing so much FUN! I think I will retire and plant a garden! ha
That is so great your friends came to surprise you!
I love the baseball pics. I want another girls night! It was great fun! I love the gardening in the rain! Cute pics!
Can you believe that Matt commented on your blog! What a nice brother-in-law!
Yeah for girl's night out!!! Yeah for the graden! Yeah for the zoo! yeah for.. everything!!! I want a garden too, your looks great. I still don't have my planter boxes made yet :)
How sweet of your friends to surprise you like that!
You'll have to keep us posted on the progress of your garden, we're just growing weeds so far.
Post a Comment