I know I wont take the time to post a Five for Friday tomorrow so how about a miscellany post tonight.
Last week our friends preschool coop group was visiting 'the ponies' we drive by multiple times a week. They are the tiniest, most mild manner ponies I have ever seen. More like the size of a dog. They are miniature ponies, Reed was almost taller than their heads. The kids led them all around the yard and were so confused as to why one pony had the name of 'Bear'.
They could even sit on their backs for a small little ride. It was a great little outing until Reed kept running away from me. He loved telling the other kids he's been to the pony house.
Nathan loves his new bike. It's like he's 3 again, he wears his new helmet around the house for hours after he's done riding his bike. I've been letting them ride to school since he asked for a bike lock too. I figure there wont be much more bike riding in another month so they need to get it all in while they can.
This year he asked for a football cake. Marion did a great job, once again and made this cake for Nathan when she wasn't feeling very well. This tradition was not born on purpose (out of necessity really when I was large pregnant with Reed) but every birthday, she willingly carries it on. Thank you Marion!
I spent most all of today working on these cookies for our Relief Society meeting tonight. The meeting was on holiday traditions and there were so many good ones shared, some great recipes too. I borrowed this tradition from Marion in case there wasn't enough other food traditions that showed up. What was I thinking? There was a ton of food. Mormons love their food traditions, ha. I had troubles getting the project going this morning. The dough was so finicky, I was fed up with it after adding way more flour than it called for. The kids needed lunch at a really inconvenient time. I had to clean up mess after mess (I am not a clean cook). Basically after this little (or not so little) project, I am in desperate need of better time management skills. Sugar cookies might be my favorite to eat but they are a time sucking project.
{I finally got brave enough to change the width of my blog template. I'm always so afraid something will delete. You think after 4+ years I'd get it but sadly, I don't.}
Cute Santa cookies! I agree, sugar cookies are time consuming, make dough, chill dough, roll out dough, frost cookies and decorate. Sad thing is whenever Kate asks me to make cookies she wants ones that she can decorate and put sprinkles on!
That pony is so cute and little. Reed looks funny on it! I bet he couldn't stop talking about it. Fun for those kids.
"What was I thinking? ...Mormons love their food traditions"! So true, so true. I do love a good food tradition. Those Santa cookies are cute. Well worth the time I say.
Mel your cookies look awesome! I am seriously impressed. I LOATHE making sugar cookies, and of course they are Tyson's favorite! Can you let Marion know Tyson's birthday is coming up and he wants a soccer ball cake. Thanks! Love you!
This was a fun post. Reed is just adorable. The cake turned out so great! And I've never seen Santa cookies done with a heart cookie cutter, how cool. (Though I don't have those decorating skills or patience.)
This was my favorite line: "The kids needed lunch at a really inconvenient time."
10 comments:
Cute Santa cookies! I agree, sugar cookies are time consuming, make dough, chill dough, roll out dough, frost cookies and decorate. Sad thing is whenever Kate asks me to make cookies she wants ones that she can decorate and put sprinkles on!
That pony is so cute and little. Reed looks funny on it! I bet he couldn't stop talking about it. Fun for those kids.
Nathan's cake was awesome!! The kids looked like they were having so much fun with those little ponies.
It's crazy to think we are already in the season of baking Christmas cookies..yours turned out so cute!
"What was I thinking? ...Mormons love their food traditions"! So true, so true. I do love a good food tradition. Those Santa cookies are cute. Well worth the time I say.
I forgot to mention the cake! Now that is a grand cake.
Those cookies look professional!! I am impressed. Sugar cookies have never been something I could make. They never turn out right for me!
That cake is adorable!!
Yum, sugar cookies! Save me one. Nice birthday bike Nathan. Those ponies had to be a hit with the little ones. They are so little.
Mel your cookies look awesome! I am seriously impressed. I LOATHE making sugar cookies, and of course they are Tyson's favorite! Can you let Marion know Tyson's birthday is coming up and he wants a soccer ball cake. Thanks! Love you!
I hardly ever make sugar cookies since they are so time consuming. Those santas are fantastic. Cool bike and what a great preschool field trip!
This was a fun post. Reed is just adorable. The cake turned out so great! And I've never seen Santa cookies done with a heart cookie cutter, how cool. (Though I don't have those decorating skills or patience.)
This was my favorite line: "The kids needed lunch at a really inconvenient time."
Your cookies look great! Nathan's cake turned out awesome. Way to go Mom! He looks too old on his bike, and Reed is adorable on the miniature pony!
Post a Comment