Sunday, November 14, 2010

Double Digits

We have moved into double digits around here..... Kathryn is 10! I know you're thinking along the same lines as me, 'How in the world did this happen and how did it happen so fast?' I'm not sure how either, it's plain crazy how fast it goes. I do know that.

What I love about Little Miss~

1. Kat is a darling little lady with a wide smile when ever you see her. She'll follow it right up with a hug too, prepare yourself. She is definitely happy more than anything else.

2. She's a short girl, at least a head shorter than a couple of her best friends but she doesn't care a bit. She likes being short and is not the least bit intimidated.

3. Kat loves to read. She reads 2-3 books a week, her nose is always in a book. She loves books about dogs and horses especially. She's started getting so into the books she's cried a couple times. About broke my heart. Her favorite series is Little House on the Prairie (she will correct you on facts if you think you know them better than her). She vows to read the series at least once a year.

4. She loves to clean and organize. She told Milo sometimes she tells us she wants to clean when she really doesn't because she knows it needs to be done. She is such a pleaser. Saturday morning she woke right up and started a list of chores without being asked. What a girl!

5. I've mentioned this many times but it's who she is so I'll say it again. She loves nature, exploring, animals, animals, animals and even more animals. It's a crying shame dogs make her stuffed up.

6. This girl loves her crafts. Any and all crafts. She will make a book or craft out of nearly anything. She also has plans to save each and every craft for years to come (this one we work on, the tiny papers drive me crazy). She asks for more loops to weave hot pads on her little plastic loom every birthday and Christmas. Marion obliged her this year so watch out family, you're getting a hot pad.

7. I love her blue eyes and blond hair (no retouching here). People often comment about her eyes and hair and mention they don't 'match' the rest of the family. It gets me pretty ruffled (I try to hide it) because even if she had bright red/purple/blue hair and green eyes, she'd belong right here with us. Nowhere else.

8. She is blond and it is funny. I'll be sweeping the floor to which she'll ask, 'Mom are you sweeping right now?' I'll give her a look that implies, 'what do you think' and she just laughs and walks away. Guess she figured out I'm sweeping? So many of these little stories, sometimes they just crack us all up, even her!

9. Kathryn thinks up all sorts of games to play, stories to write and songs to sing. And most of the time she can get the boys to play along too. Nate is starting to fade out but she's still got Dane right where she wants him. Not sure about Reed, he sometimes puts up resistance. He likes to be in charge, ha. She used to get the boys to play Barbies all the time but they are over that phase so she came up with a new plan. She asked for Pokemon cards for her birthday so she could trade and barter with them. I love how adaptable she is.

10. She has such a strong spirit and I know she has real purpose here on the earth. She has been watched over in her young life and she is an amazing example to me. I love this beautiful girl and the sweet blessing she is in my life. Love you so much Kat......quit growing. Stay 10!

Happy Birthday Kat! We love you so much!

16 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

What a darling Kathryn is. Not another like her on earth for sure. Handpicked from Heavenly Father. Hope you had the best birthday yet Kathryn. You are a beautiful girl inside and out. Happy Birthday X10! XOXO Grandma Dee Ann

Carolyn said...

WHAT?! There is no way Kathryn is 10. No. Way. But, if she is....HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHRYN! You are fantastic.

donna said...

Happy 10th B-day!

Cara said...

Darling, sweet girl! I'm sure she feels as blessed to be part of your family as you do about having her. You and Milo have been amazing, unselfish, loving, and a great example to all of us! Love you!

Lucy said...

She is lovely. Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Kathryn! Adorable picture of her- love the blue eyes popping out! She really is a sweet girl even with her blonde moments. :)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I do love Kat's enthusiasm and happy attitude. She's always had it.

I have the perfect book for her to read -- Beautiful Joe. It's about a dog. I'm going to see if I can find a copy.

Happy, happy birthday Kathryn.

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday to Kat but didn't she just get baptized?? I could have sworn you just posted about that! I hope she had a great day.

becca said...

So sweet! I love reading what you wrote about her....what a very special little girl!

Hope she had a GREAT birthday!!

Chandra said...

Happy Birthday Kat. She is such an awesome girl....and she is always smiling. Grandpa Jackson loved her smile and her hugs the most. I'm so happy she is in your family.

Becky Noftle said...

I am a tried and true Kat fan. We all are--it's impossible to know her and not love her. Tell her I read the Little house books every year too--I'll challenge her in game of trivia any day! Happy birthday sweet girlie.

Kristin said...

What a great day for a birthday! In a couple years she is going to be the girl to get for babysitting. She has such a caring heart.

Amie said...

10 feels so huge to the mom... I think that is when I had to come out of denial about no longer having little ones.

I hope Kathryn had a great birthday! I love your list about her, what a sweet girl!

Jill said...

How can she be 10 already?!

Marion said...

I couldn't love this little girl more! She is "ours" and our family wouldn't be the same without her! I feel so blessed to be able to be her GraMimi and walk this earth a little while with her. I hope we will forever me granddaughter and grandmother but most of all forever family! I love you, Kitty Kat! oxox

Shaila Lou said...

Sweet post for Kathryn!

Love her lots and her cleaning habits, pleasing habits, smiles and hugs remind me of myself at her age!

Hope she had a great birthday, which reminds me, I never did give her a call! I'm terrible! Hope she'll forgive me.

Love you lots Kathryn! Forever and ever!