It really is all I ever wanted to be. I know that sounds so cliche/cheesy but it's true. I never had the career ambitions or travel ambitions of others. I used to say I wanted 12 kids (Kyle still teases me about that) and while I'll never have 12 kids, I'm so grateful for the ones I do have. I love them unconditionally and individually. They are fun to be around and they are funny, I love their personalities.
Kathryn's cards have become one of my favorite parts of Mother's Day. She is real and unabashed and doesn't even realize when she's funny. I've kept her spellings, here it is if you can't read above....Right side--
My mom plants the energy in my day, helps me grow a good personality and, plants the faith inside of me. If you please, please, plant these. {Tomatillos?? Any advice??}
Left side (my favorite)--
My mom is:
as wise as a owl
as lovingas a mother could be
as remarkable as a miracal (because you are one)
as beautiful as a red rose
as sweet as sugar
as marvelous as a brand new sports car
as unique as the moon from the stars
as faithful as you could be
Mommy you may not be as stilish as a role modle or, be a queen at texting or, be a whizz at crafting,
BUT
you are my mom and I don't realy care!
Happy Mother's Day!
Seriously, how could this not make your day (and crack you right up.. not stylish, no good at texting, no whiz at crafting-she is so funny!)? This sweet daughter of mine. So forgiving and loving towards me. I know she's meant to be here and while I make mistakes daily, I want her to know how much I love and appreciate her kindness and love. Love you Kat!
(I asked her about the card this afternoon and she said they were prompted with the words remarkable and the like but she filled the rest in on her own. They were required to list 3 things, I love that her list goes on and on.)
I love you the color of the pink blossoms that bloom in spring.
I love you the color of beautiful butterfly wings.
I love you the color of your cheeks when you laugh on the phone.
The pink of a hug.
The pink of a soft word.
The pink of a quilt.
I love you the Pinkest.
Melanie
{Thanks buddy, I'm glad you chose Pink. Love you!}

Dane made me a set of notecards with his original art work. This doesn't do the cards justice, they are adorable. I love them Dane, just like I love you.
I had a great Mother's Day. Slept in, breakfast in bed, the kids sang in church (even Reed knew a few words!), Milo cooked dinner and I felt very loved. He's a good one to have by my side, I know he appreciates me and I love him for it. I'm grateful for the family I've been blessed with.
{All of this passing right over Easter, a surprise visit from Grandma DeeAnn for a week, and much more. One day I'll catch up.}
I had a great Mother's Day. Slept in, breakfast in bed, the kids sang in church (even Reed knew a few words!), Milo cooked dinner and I felt very loved. He's a good one to have by my side, I know he appreciates me and I love him for it. I'm grateful for the family I've been blessed with.
{All of this passing right over Easter, a surprise visit from Grandma DeeAnn for a week, and much more. One day I'll catch up.}

10 comments:
Melanie, I love your posts. I hope you never quit blogging. Remember back when we were closet bloggers?
I love Kat's cards, too.
June. I'm definitely coming down to see you in June. I don't care if my hair doesn't need cut, I miss you.
wonderful cards!
I'm glad you had a terrific Mother's Day!
Those cards rocked!
What cute, sweet cards from your kids! They are so funny!
Unfortunately I have no idea how many tomatillos you would get from a plant (are they as prolific as tomatoes?), but I could give you a recipe for real Mexican enchiladas that uses lots of tomatillos. Let me know. . . You could have big enchilada parties for all of your neighbors.
Ha! I was signed in to my ward's email account. Duh! That last comment about tomatillos was from me! ;)
Wonderful kids to go with a wonderful mom! Kathryn is precious. She is who she is and if all kids could be as sweet, kind, thoughtful, unique, etc....motherhood would be pretty easy.
I know Dane is the next Picasso. What an imagination he has that he can put down on paper.
Very cute post!
(The "pink" card must be from Nathan? Did I miss that? And I love it's a pink theme....where did he get that idea?)
I had every intention of following your lead with the mother's day photo...it didn't happpen. But I love to see yours year after year. They get older so fast, but you manage to look exactly the same! Love you cousin!
Love it! What cute, cute kids you have. Happy Mothers Day Mel! You are amazing to me!
I can't believe all the different things that Katherine put in your card...what a neat gift from your kids. I love the simple, homemade gifts!
Post a Comment