Wednesday, July 13, 2011

3 Going On.....

{after we picked cherries a couple weeks ago, never got his shirt clean}

Yesterday I took all the kids shopping to get our list for camping. Not my favorite thing to do but I have to say they were pretty good. I didn't even bribe them with donuts this time and we hit two stores, Walmart and Winco.

This summer Reed has been slightly obsessed with all things super hero related. He doesn't watch the movies or even have books but he loves what ever movie is being pushed on the public. Recently it was 'Green Lantern' and in the last week or so he's moved on to 'Captain America'. It's actually kind of scary how much he gleans from commercials, cereal boxes, t-shirts and older siblings (that don't watch the movie either but think they know all about it).

When we walked into Walmart yesterday there was a huge Captain America poster and this was our conversation. (It adds to the cuteness if you don't say your R's)

Reed- 'Is Captain America PG-13?'
Me- 'Yes.'
R- (clearly disappointed) 'Ahhh. All the super hero movies are PG-13.'
Pause.....
R- (hopeful) 'Do I have to be 13???'

We have this 'PG-13' conversation often with Nathan. He's on a countdown to watch certain movies and is always checking the rating. I'm sure Reed is getting this all from Nate but still. It was quite funny (and scary) to hear your three year old ask about a movie rating.

How will he ever wait a decade to watch some movies, ha!

3 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Scary... They get old too fast!

Laurie said...

That's pretty cute. The little ones sure learn a lot about things at a younger age than the older siblings did thanks to the older sibs!

I love that article reference you gave me. It's got all kinds of breakthrough insights - thanks!!!

natalieandersen07 said...

your kids are so cute! We just bought a clearplay dvd player and it takes out the bad parts in movies...we LOVE IT