Monday, September 19, 2011

A Big Month

It's been a big month around here and we still have 11 days to go. I really do want to finish bigger posts and maybe someday I will. Milo's still waiting on one from May when he ran the 5K in Moses over Memorial Day. I love that he still hasn't given up hope for that post.

September 2nd-

We spent the day at Silverwood theme park. It was gorgeous weather, not crowded at all (probably since we were skipping the 4th day of school, so out of character for us) and Marion went with us since the only ride not cautioning something about pregnancy was the carousel. Thank heavens she was with us! I have some great photos from that day. There's one of Marion going on Panic Plunge and she has the best look on her face. She's terribly scared of heights but one beg from Nate (and possibly Milo) and she was in line and on that ride. Another good one, we paid $.25 to soak Milo and the kids on the river ride. It was hilarious. Until they were cold, soaking wet, whiny and shivered through lunch. This was the last photo we took before my battery died. Reed is hiding on my shoulder and crying because not getting to ride the blue scrambler car was more than he could handle after an entire day of rides.

September 3rd-

Dane turns 8!! It's hard to believe this boy is already 8. I remember his little chubby baby face and his moody ways. The face may have changed and they 'ways' are getting better but it's still a work in progress.

September 11th-

I turn 36. I realized that on the decade anniversary the terrorist attacks on America, I'm almost in the exact same place 10 years later. 2001- pregnant with my firstborn son...due in November. 2011- pregnant with my last born son...due in November. So on that day, I reflected on America and how much harder a pregnancy is at 36 over 26. Trust me, it just is.

September 16th-

My mom surprises us (every one but Milo that is, he was in on this surprise) on Friday night so she is able to be here for Dane's baptism.

September 17th-

Dane's baptism. You'd think after 2 other kids getting to this milestone, I'd be more prepared for them to take this step, but I'm really not. I just feel so nostalgic and can't believe we are already to this point in their lives. It was a perfect day with lots of family and friends to support us. That is such a good feeling. Sure it was chaotic and not without some stress and worry but the most important step took place.
Dane was baptized and confirmed by his dad. I feel so blessed to have the priesthood in our home. I loved seeing Dane so happy and content as he was baptized and came out of the water.

Kathryn and Nathan had the same primary teacher when they were baptized and she is the one that started this tradition of taking a photo of the kids fresh out of the font. I knew I'd have to beg/bribe someone to do it for Dane (where is that amazing JoDean when you need her!). Our bishop took these and I think they are adorable. Dane had the sweetest face after receiving the Holy Ghost as well. He jumped right up and gave everyone in the circle a hug.

Poor Kat was so sick on Saturday. I offered to let her stay home but she didn't want to miss Dane's special day. She had an awful stomach ache accompanied with fever and chills. Probably shouldn't have taken her out but what do you do? She was a trooper. Love Nate's tie here too. He's learned how to tie his own tie except for sometimes it's a little long, ha.

We gathered here for dinner/dessert after and I loved having every one here. We've never done that before because of space but it was nice enough for the kids to roam the yard and the adults chatted. I had SO much help getting the house cleaned up, cooking, organizing, remembering, and all around lightening my load. I just love my family, they are the best.

September 18th-

Dane sat on the stand in sacrament meeting so he could be welcomed into the ward. I had completely forgotten to let him wear this suit that was a pass on from Heidi that was a pass on from her friend. It's a little too small or fits 'just right' but he didn't care, he felt like big stuff in a suit. We gave him his scriptures before church and he was in love. Look at that face, I just love it. Someday that smile might actually have teeth!

Today, September 19th-

I manage to unload/load and unload the dishes again. All before noon. After that, the day is kind of a blur. Except for the lovely nap I took with Reed. Tomorrow we hit the laundry.

5 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

It was the perfect week end. So glad I came for the special boy. Yes I do remember his funny little ways when he was a baby. Always grumpy when he woke up. You have had a busy month, maybe you can take next month off to prepare for the big event! Only a few more weeks to find a name for that little boy. Keep us posted!

donna said...

I agree with DeeAnn, sounds like a perfect weekend.

Brenda said...

Love it! Especially the font pics. I don't have one of Preston but I do of my nieces Raegan and Zoe. That's the same right?

Heidi said...

Great post! That was fun that your mom surprised you. Dane looks adorable in that suit! Crazy how 10 yrs ago you were in sorta the same situation. Weird.

Laurie said...

You got the most darling photos! I love it! Can you believe how quick they grow up!?! It's surreal.