Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Randoms& a Giveaway

1. I have the worst heels ever. Especially after a baby. I'm a sock scratching, sheet scratching crazy lady with my heels. BUT, I found this amazing man made pumice at Sally's Beauty Supply of all places. I am in love with it. I've used it in the shower 3 times this week and my feet are softer than they are after a pedicure. Really. A small dab of soap, a small amount of scrubbing and my heels aren't snagging my socks. Amazing.

*****I'm sending one of these to the first 4 people that want one. I'd like someone else to be happy with their heels this summer. No more hiding my feet! Leave me a comment (with your email if I don't have it), and one is yours. It's kind of like Oprah's favorite things only on a much, much, much smaller scale, ha! {this isn't for more blog traffic to earn $$ off of a blog I rarely post on. it's merely to spread some soft feet happiness}*****

2. It was science fair week again. In case anyone was wondering (something I doubt), we aren't real scientists in this house so the science fair isn't something we wait for. Since we live near this 'little' nuclear site though, plenty of kids (uh um, and their dads) are quite into this event. We clearly have the down sized version after seeing all the other projects. Oh well, the kids still had fun. Kat grew pea seeds and fed them different liquids. It was right up her ally, she loves plants and animals. She's green. It's required for 5th graders to have an individual project, I was proud of her, she came up with it all on her own. Prepping for middle school I guess.

The younger grades can pair up and Dane really wanted to do a project with his friend Spencer. They completed the project at Spencer's house and we took care of the poster. It was easy on our part. They tested what filtered muddy water best- rocks, biochar, perlite and garden soil. Any guesses? Though it took the longest, garden soil produced the cleanest water. There ya go. Nathan said he'd opt out this year and I was all for it. Is that bad?

3. Owen is slowing getting the cough the other kids had earlier this week. He's still as good natured as ever, I'm loving his good baby-ness. He has taken to sleeping in the swing again for most of the night. I don't care as long as he's sleeping. We borrowed Anna's Bumbo and this was his first test run. I think he's pretty adorable sitting here and doesn't look much like a four month old. He's growing just as fast if not faster than the others. Happy and sad all at once.

4. We have dinner groups in our ward. Four couples for four months, we each take a turn hosting dinner. Last time sign ups went around we passed, I was about to have Owen so it was an easy out. We signed up this time....why I'm not sure. We're having dinner here tomorrow night. I'm sure making dinner will be the easy part, getting the kids to hide out upstairs without fighting for two hours will definitely be the hard part. The menu- green salad, ham and cheese sliders, onion roasted potatoes, veggie and for dessert a chocolate chocolate chip bundt cake with cream cheese frosting.

14 comments:

Chandra said...

Heck yes I want one. my feet are horrible after winter. Was fun getting together yesterday. Tell Reed thanks for picking a good spot for lunch.

Carolyn said...

Pick me! I have my moms heels and she just said how bad hers were! Haha

Carolyn said...

Also, the science fair at my school is crazy. So many kids in such a small place. How did Kat's peas grow? Best with water?

Melinda said...

Pick me! Pick me! My heels are so gross! Okay now I need to go and read the rest of your post.

Melinda said...

Owen looks so cute in the bumbo. So cute.

I hate the science fair. Is that bad?

Good luck with your dinner tomorrow. It sounds like a fun idea, a great way to get to know other couples in the ward. Your menu sounds really yummy.

melindaut@hotmail.com

Angie said...

woo hoo. am i #4?


science fair=my worst nightmare.

Heidi said...

A giveaway?! Too bad I didn't see this post sooner. lol. I'll have to go snag me one of those...pun intended. haha.

I like science fairs. Maybe not doing them, but it's fun to see the different projects and what really works. That's the science part of me though. :) That filtering water thing is interesting. Who knew that garden soil would work the best!

Owen looks cute in that bumbo. He's getting so big. Can't wait to see him in a bit.

Lucy said...

Darn it! I have torn up my bed sheets with my heels. It's like Velcro when I walk barefoot on Berber carpet. I'll have to buy myself a mr pumice!

camery said...

Even if I'm really not number four, I needed to come out of blog stalking mode to thank you for the tip!! I've tried so many things for these wretched feet of mine!! Thank you:)
Cameryturley@yahoo.com

Anne said...

Oh man!! Sometimes the time difference works in my favor, this time it didn't. Boo. I'm leaving super humid Africa where my skin is so nice and hydrated to kick it in the dry desert of Utah for 6 months. My feet are going to mess. Where do you get those? I'll have to go get one...especially considering flip flops are probably going to be the only thing that fit me for a while!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love reading what you're up to.

I didn't like helping the kids with science fairs either.

Would you mind picking me up a Sally Stone and I'll reimburse you? I would love one.

Owen looks like a little man.

I miss you.

natemann said...

I would love one!!! I am still recovering from Las Vegas feet!!!

marcalicious said...

ummm....i really want that pumice stone so unless i kill the other 15 peeps that posted a comment before me it looks like i'm going to have to visit Sally's myself huh. ;)

but really -- Heidi really, really, really does need one. Maybe an idea for her cams gift from you. ha ha ha. :)

Shaila Lou said...

Dang, how did I miss this giveaway. I thought I read this, but I never remember the giveaway part.