Ramblings
- Last Friday (yes, our anniversary) I went to Spokane to attend Time Out for Women. I was torn about going. Our anniversary. Taking Owen. The drive. Taking Owen on the drive alone. Missing the school talent show. Missing games. Taking Owen. Milo encouraged me to go and in the end, I'm glad I did. It is definitely not a break to take a 5 month old and hold him nearly all day long. With that said though, he was an absolute angel. Really. He slept through the good morning talks (he woke up and distracted me during the most boring talk of the day), he played and wore himself out during the lunch break and again slept through all the afternoon talks and music. Even with a few loud songs and a couple spots of roaring laughter.
- Chris Williams from this Mormon Message spoke and it was so good. He gave a message of forgiveness, hope and love. Watch the video if you haven't seen it. It's worth 8 minutes of your time.
- Speaking of Time Out, I saw a woman from 'old town' that I haven't seen for quite awhile. I did her hair for years, probably 6 or 7 faithfully. When she saw me she gave me a big hug to say Hi and then, then she patted my stomach and asked 'when?'. Waaaahhh. In her defense, she doesn't know about Owen. In my defense, she's a bit of an airhead.
- Kathryn came home with a new book to read, a series lots of kids talk about and one she was excited to read. She was really into it and one morning, she told me she was returning it to the library. She said it had too many bad words and said the 'd' word too much. She told me she prayed about it and knew she needed to return it. It was good to hear her make a decision like that on her own and stick with it. I'm proud of her.
- Reed is seriously one of a kind. He is nonstop chatter and movement all. day. long. A couple Sundays ago we went for a walk after dinner. He loved the walk but almost the minute we walked back into the house, he looked at Milo and in a very tired voice said, 'can I just go to bed now??'. For the past few days he's been randomly playing with one of my old Cabbage Patch dolls. He named him Reed Jr and sometimes refers to him as Junior Reed. This morning he was carrying him around, stopped and told me he needed to 'nurse Junior Reed, he wanted some strawberry milk'. Oh my.
- Milo took the kids to the school talent show on Friday night. He says I shouldn't be too upset about missing it because it was total chaos. Nathan, the ever confident one, chose to show off his flexible body. I posted this on Facebook and he loved hearing that people think he's a human pretzel. Because he is! I told him to enjoy it while it lasts, surely he'll outgrow it one day. Kathryn read a poem she wrote (her video is too big to load).
- Tomorrow is my first go round with the activity day girls. Nine 8 year old girls. Should make for some good times a couple times a month. I'm pretty excited about a twice a month calling. I think it's even better than the once a month teach Relief Society calling, that's much more pressure.
- This Saturday is our last weekend of soccer. It's been a good season but I'm excited to have Saturdays back. Hopefully the zoo is in our future, Reed isn't too sure the animals in his books are real.
4 comments:
I'm so glad Time Out was great. I'm glad you went.
Oh my goodness. Nathan is even more flexible than I remember. He reminds me of those chinese acrobats.
I love it when you post.
I think it's great you go on so many family walks. I keep forgetting to comment on that.
I didn't know you got a new calling?! I liked it when I had that calling bc it's only twice a month and you get to do fun stuff.
I'm glad Owen was good for you at time out bc it would have been frustrating if not. My mom showed me that Mormon message and that guy s amazing! How he forgave that kid! That would be so hard.
so glad you were able go to TOFW. I was so bummed that i had to miss this year....
Glad things went well at TOFW, that's funny about Reed not being sure if the animals are real.
Post a Comment