Saturday, June 02, 2012

June? So Soon?

Really, June? June 2012? Unbelievable.

I haven't felt like blogging in the last little bit so I went around and took some pictures of the kids today with the mindset I had to blog them. I found a couple photos on the memory card that I had forgotten about so they are here too. Bonus.

Last Sunday, while I was making the traditional chocolate chip pancake breakfast, I looked over and found Nathan reading to Owen. Adorable, right? Look at that baby's hand holding the book, so dang adorable (and not staged!). The best part is that it's a book all about Grover Cleavland. Nathan reads with the best voices so I'm sure Owen was quite entertained.

Reed is a huge fan of popcorn. Especially the watching it pop part. He wanted to make a few more batches just so he could dump the kernels and 'watch it jump'.

This afternoon I put them to work for a bit. This girl definitely works the hardest with the least amount of sass. She had her first overnight field trip this week. I was nervous to let her go but she had a great time. They went to Multonomah Falls, the Portland Zoo, OMSI (a science center) and stopped at a dam on the way home. She came home exhausted. She bought a little cheetah (maybe leopard) at the gift shop and it sat perched on her shoulder most of today. She loves her animals (all 87 of them, I swear).

Nathan was pulling weeds too, he just found a few more distractions. This basketball being the biggest one. Nate has started a journal at night and he's religious about listing his blessings from the day. Sometimes he's grateful for Doritos he ate at lunch, often he mentions Netflix and Pottermore (Harry Potter website) and thankfully his family makes the list most days too. Owen gets the most nods.

Dane was told to weed around the house too and what does he pick? This awful over grown grass section that he can't pull at all. It made for some funny grunts and groans and he even fell over. What he really ended up doing was saying the weeds he found were too hard to pull. He's a smart one though because after that he flitted from spot to spot so I never knew where he was. Dane! Wait speaking of him, his current clothing choice is basketball shorts and (usually) a shirt that doesn't match. Navy shirt, black shorts. It's slowly driving me crazy. As is his hair. He's wanted to grow it out but the boy has horrible hair. I've been bargaining with him about when to cut it. I suggested the last day of school, he came back with the day before field day. So he can run faster. Love him.

Reed plays with these bricks all. the. time. They are by our front door and I've yet to figure out their purpose. The bricks are the castle and the rocks are the knights. He has quite the imagination. He talks and moves non stop during the day. Sometimes it's exhausting but then I remind myself about how awesome it is that he falls asleep in bed after only 5 min. The other boys were major bed time stallers. Not him, he crashes. Thanks Reedus, it's a good trait!


Don't let this photo fool you. Yes, Owen is in the highchair but he still doesn't eat after about the 3rd bite. I don't really care too much, he's growing just fine. Thankfully he always gives me this precious smile and his baby blues. What would I do without you Owen? So glad you are here little one.

No pictures of me but I did buy a new purse today at TJ Maxx for only $20 (it will probably last $20 worth too but I'm cheap so I decided to give it a shot). I emptied the black diaper bag and moved it over to here. It was time to dump the frump. I'd had it with that bag.

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ohhhhhh, what a great post. I loved reading about your Saturday and seeing the details in the kids' lives. It WAS a bonus of Nathan reading to Owen.

Can't wait to see the diaper bag in action.

Jill said...

Wow your kids are getting big!

Lindsey said...

Your kids are seriously so cute. That first picture is adorable! I love the bag too!

donna said...

that i such a cute picture of Nathan reading to Owen.

Kristin said...

Love the pictures and updates. The one of Nathan reading to Owen is priceless!

Shaila Lou said...

Man, I miss blogging, and what a great idea to just take a pic of them and post them. I want and need to get back to my family journaling. LOVE the purse Mel. I'm quite impressed with it, rockstar mom!