His bed is right next to this train table. You could just see his little mind working about what the set up should be and how he could get it to work. The frame does not have a stand on the back so he looked around his room, found this dinosaur and set it up facing his bed. He told me, all he would have to do it look towards Baby Jesus and he would feel safe. In his prayer, he asked that he could remember it was there to look at. Don't you just love the fierce dino behind Jesus? Priceless.
'Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.' Psalm 61:2
I have a similar painting on my wall. It's the first thing you see when you enter in the front door. A dear friend gave this to me a few months ago. It's a priceless gift because of the strength it gives me. We talked about how Christ is holding one, or lifting another. Just like this photo. Holding me, lifting you or the other way around. If we seek after Him, He will guide us, comfort us and show us the way. He will lead us to the higher rock. I can't tell you how many times this painting has comforted me, just like the small one for Reed. He is here. He is close. He knows me. He knows you. And I'm grateful.


6 comments:
Ohhhhhhhh! I'm so glad you took a picture of the dinosaur holding baby Jesus. That is just the best. I'm so grateful that Reed found that to give him confidence and courage.
That picture is just perfect in your home. Like you, that same piece of art has fed my soul many, many times in different situations. (We must be kindred spirits or something.)
I'm so glad you captured this very extraordinary thing in ordinary life.
Love this post.
I agree that is very Priceless.
That's cute Reed propped it up with a scary dinosaur! haha! That picture is good. It's hard to deal with life sometimes! Hang in there!
What a great picture and thoughts with it. Made me cry!
This is so cute, I love it.
Post a Comment