It used to be craft magazines, good old Martha was one of them. Then came Google, oh how I used to love to dig the pages of that search engine for something to craft or copy. Now we have Pinterest, can that really be improved on? Someone does all the searching for me, categorizes it and ta da, lots of crafts and ideas are 'pinned' for me to copy. Just my style.
Today is my friend Sheri's birthday. We used to live on the same court and even 8+ months later, we miss that street like crazy. We've been friends for over 2.5 years now and this is the first time I made her get in a photo with me. She had been swimming and I was currently interrupting their dinner but she's still humored me with a photo. I handed her daughter the camera and said, just get our heads. What a good listener, no cropping here. Thanks Taylor. Happy Birthday Sheri, I'm grateful we are friends.
Today is also Milo's dad's birthday (he would be 58). We made a couple desserts to celebrate Grandpa Ken's birthday. He loved Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream so we made a mud pie type dessert with that ice cream and
we also made BYU Mint Brownies. Those may have been in part for me, yummo. We took Sheri a plate too. I'd do way too much damage with 1/2 a pan of those left sitting around. He also loved Ande's Candies but I thought we should probably save a dessert with those for next year. A little mint can go a long way.
![]() |
| We blessed Nathan just 2 weeks before Ken died. |






5 comments:
Love you Melanie!
I think that is the greatest idea to remember loved ones by serving their favorite food once in a while.
You are an incredible mother. Incredible.
Yes, yes. I agree. Pinterest is just so fun . . . and free.
I really need to make the BYU brownies. YUMMY!
Making thr treats is such a sweet way to remember their grandpa. They all look so good, I love mint.
I totally want to try the snake bubbles. I think my kids would love it.
This is a beautiful tradition.
Post a Comment