1. Yesterday afternoon my friend Lindsay called and said they were on
their way to Chuck E Cheese, did we want to join them? Yes! I didn't tell the kids right away, I told them I'd give them a clue with every chore they did. I was able
to get more work out of them in those two hours than I have all
week, thanks Linds. The kids played so good, only bugged us a few times
and we were able to sit and visit for over 2 hours. Call us crazy for
staying there that long but it was completely worth it.
2. A few of the kids bought these glasses with their game tickets. Vanessa really wanted a pair and we were sure they would cost $4 or more and were definitely not worth it. She went and asked and they were $1. So everyone got a pair and all was well. It was a great surprise to hang out with a friend from out of town on a Friday night
3. I had wanted to find a place to 'day trip' but ended up doing laundry and some picking up. None of us were moving too fast. I decided last minute to attend the temple this morning during Owen's nap. He is the best morning sleeper, it's great he sleeps the whole time I'm gone. After lunch we went to one of the more shaded parks, it was perfect weather with a light breeze. It's a smaller park and what I really loved is that we were the only ones there. Reed insisted on cowboy boots and the glasses, funny kid.
4. Owen was able to ride in a baby swing today, he had a great time. He really loved laughing at Nathan in the swing next to him.
5. Today was our stake Pioneer Day celebration. I wasn't too sure how much I wanted to go but then I remembered I didn't have to take any food and we'd all be fed when we left. That pretty much sold me. The kids were so excited to go and wanted to make something for the kiddie parade. We took our cut in half pool noodles (for marble racing down the stairs, thank you Pinterest) and then wrapped them in brown gift wrap. Reed and Owen took it for a test ride before we left. Kat was going to be the 'oxen' of this covered wagon.
6. Dinner was starting a little after 5 and once they said prayer, the older boys made a bee line to the food. I had to run up to them and help Reed with his plate. We were done eating before some people even had their food. Thanks boys! Owen was at his limit after we had eaten dinner and chatted with plenty of people (I was already over mine if truth be told, it was 620ish). I seriously considered leaving before the kiddie parade at 7pm. I mentioned it to Kat and her sweet little face fell at the thought so Owen and I muscled through and stayed an extra 40 minutes waiting for the parade to start. Isn't this photo worth it? Her darling smile, her make-do with what she has pioneer dress, the pool noodle-covered wagon made with duct tape that Reed is riding in? Yes, I thought so too.




1 comment:
Your covered wagon is awesome.....
Post a Comment