Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Before and After

A couple weeks ago I had a serious bee in my bonnet to 'do something fun' in my house as far as decorating was concerned. I've had this hand me down dresser forever. A good 6 at least. It's always been 'on the list' of home projects but that is where it has stayed. I grabbed the boys, went to the store, found a color and got down to business sanding and painting. I worked on it for a couple days and then I got busy with hair appointments. It all came to a screeching halt. The worst part of stopping for a few days is I lost all the steam in wanting to finish the darn thing and I couldn't park in the garage.

Before~

I didn't think to take a before picture of the dresser in it's spot. Imagine this up against a white wall without much on top of it. Just a 5x7 picture, a decorative book and a couple ceramic birds. Boring and blah and such a dated dresser from the 60's (I think).

After~

The new and improved entry way. I love it! My front door is to the right of this picture. I spray painted the wreaths a gray color but you can't really tell here. The frame and B are black. I would love it even more if the walls were a light gray but that project will have to wait for another day (or year...).

9 comments:

Angie said...

Love it!!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ditto to Angie. I Love it! I love the color, I love the arrangement.

Holly said...

Great work Mel! Come spend a week with me, I need you! :0)

Amy said...

Cute! This is Pinterest worthy! I've been having the same hankering lately, and have been scouring KSLs online classifieds for a great piece, but haven't found anything nearly as great as yours. Enjoy!

Kylie said...

I love the improvement! It looks brand new!

Heidi said...

Love it! Good job Melanie! Now if I could get over there to help you paint those gray walls...

Jill said...

Wow, what a change, it looks fabulous!

Kristin said...

Wow Melanie, way to get it done! Looks great!

Becky Noftle said...

Cool, I love the idea of a dresser table by the front door. I have a friend who did that and she keeps the different holiday dresser top decorations in the drawers, so easy! Looks awesome.