Some days are frustrating. I honestly don't try and keep a running list of such frustrations. Wouldn't that be even more, uh, frustrating? Yesterday was one of those days. It wasn't an 'undo me' kind of day. Just small frustration after small frustration. News about our heat pump. A lost library movie (thinking Owen and the garbage, ugh). A load of laundry I forgot about and had to wash again. Etc, etc, etc. But then I found a little gold mine in my dryer door. A definite tender mercy.
Suddenly it didn't matter to me that the handle is broken. I completely forgot the ear piercing squeak we hear at random times as it dries our clothes. I found a small pile of cars stacked and stuffed in the door to remind me of a curious little one year boy discovering the world around him. Owen wants to be near me while I do hair right now and sometimes it's very frustrating. He walks or crawls right through the hair like it's no big deal. Most of the time I've given up trying to keep him out of the mess (especially when Reed is gone). I just strip him down before we leave the room and pretend he was never covered in hair. Yesterday while I was cutting hair, he went back and forth between my hair room and his bedroom. I didn't pay much attention to what he was doing, I was having adult conversation, ha. Apparently, he was finding tiny cars for the dryer door. Am I the only one that finds this adorable? Possibly, since I am his mother but I loved his little display. It's baby art! And it put a smile on my face. I wanted to leave the cars there to remind me how something so small can remind you of the big picture. Four little cars. Again yesterday, I felt a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father and a show of love from my littlest boy. He's growing and learning. He's curious and funny. He's a dear.....even when he's covered in hair.

7 comments:
I think it's adorable and I'm not his mother. I also think you're a wonder and can cut hair with an 16 month old hanging on your leg.
I'm not his mom and I think it's adorable. Imagine how excited he would be if you cut hair outside!
Ditto to everything Jane said! I'm praying for you!
PPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE tell me that you didn't move the little cars?!?!?!
^^^ The only thing I see when I read what I just typed is: A** funny stuff...
He is too cute, and your amazing, and you deserve CAR LOADS of tender mercies!
This is adorable. As busy and maddening as this age is, it is really fun to discover their world alongside them. Daniel is constantly making me laugh and making me wonder. What a fun find!
Post a Comment