Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Five Little Kinders

Birth order- Preston (10/6/07), Emma (10/13/07), Reed (12/23/07), Grayson (1/10/08), Winston (2/2/08)
Five little kindergartners going off to school.
Each and every one of them are super duper cool.

Back when they were babies, it seemed so far away.
Sleepless nights and teething consumed our every day.

We didn't think of kindergarten or them riding on a bus.
We thought about their schedules and always made a fuss.

Nowadays they chatter and tell us what to do.
You might think it's funny but these kids are quite the crew.

The years passed rather quickly and they haven't slowed down yet.
We hope they learn a thing or two and maybe teacher's pet?

With a hug we sent them off to school and know they'll have some fun.
Looking forward to their stories and this poem is almost done.

We love our little cousins and can guess a future fate.
Often times a cousin friend finds your first official date!

I'm choosing to enjoy the now but know the time fades fast.
Graduation, missions, marriage will too soon come to pass.

I'll forever store the memories from the time my Reed was five.
I'm holding onto feelings of how he helped me feel alive.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so good to get all their pictures and post on this! Cute idea. And that poem would do me in if I tried to write that. haha! Good job. That's crazy Reed has that many cousins in the same grade as him.

Leisha said...

Love it Mel!