Monday, November 18, 2013

I Believe It

My naptime fun with this much more still dirty in the hall. Digging out from birthday week is a process.
'If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.'
~Thomas S. Monson 
(emphasis added for these specific piles,ha)

And for good measure, some fingerprints, toothpaste and chalk on newly cleaned surfaces.

It's true, one day I'll miss this part of my life. A modern day prophet and seasoned mothers everywhere remind me to be grateful for this short phase. And truly, I am. 

{Edited to add- I just noticed I published this post at 11:11. 
I'm thankful for another reminder, I'm right where I'm supposed to be.}

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ha! The 11:11 is the kicker.

Laundry IS a bane. But then so is cleaning toothpaste from surfaces other than teeth.

But, he's right. Some days I still miss them being little.

Cali said...

Funny how you can be so overwhelmed with the age they are and ALSO feel nostalgic for what they were yesterday... or maybe that's just me.

donna said...

oh i miss having little fingerprints show up every......
Trust me in a few years you will too....

Lucy said...

That's what they say....hmmmm. Do you think it takes a certain personality type to really feel it? Sometimes, I worry that I am the exception. Do we have to love our children's messes as part of loving them? I still think a day without scribbles on furniture and windows and doors that stay clean in my house and car would be pretty sweet.

Having my first teenager, and his quick retreat into his room over hanging out, as was his usual, with us, is definitely the kind of behavior change I notice and I do miss his younger, more into me self. Equivalent of handprints, no?