Monday, November 11th......
| 1 week/2 years |
On his birthday I had an appointment during his nap. My friend was teasing me about all of our family's birthdays in one week and asked if we get sick of cake. Um, yes! I confessed, we usually end up throwing it away. I also mentioned I might buy Owen's cake this year. I never buy grocery store cakes but I was going to make an exception this year. He covets a tiny cake with Lightening McQueen on it every time we walk through the bakery at Yoke's. It was such a casual conversation I had no idea she would grab on to what I mentioned and then act on it.
About a half an hour after she left, she knocked on my door with the cake! Owen was so happy and truthfully so was I. He even slept with the car for a few days. We're grooming him to work at Pixar one day, he's their biggest fan!
I guess I didn't take very many pictures of him on his birthday. I do remember he celebrated without pants on. I decided, it was his party and he could go pants-less if he wanted too, ha. He loved opening presents, chowed down on his cake, learned how to say, 'I'm two' and fell fast asleep at bedtime. He's a popular member of our family. Everyone loves Owen!
Thursday, November 14th......
| 3 months/13 years |
Look how cute....they like each other! Kat also mixed it up this year and asked for coconut cream pie for her birthday treat instead of cake. The recipe makes two pies so she knew exactly what she was doing because the three youngest in the family wont even try it. This morning she had pie for breakfast, more tonight before bed and I bet she eats it again tomorrow morning. Smart girl.
It has been a busy first half of November around here. We've had a crazy conference schedule I wont bore you with, Nathan's ordination, my school work and a friend party for Nathan (soooo glad this only happens every four years!). Add in life in general with five kids and it's been non stop. This year I realized celebrating three birthdays in a week is exhausting, emotional, fun, busy, loud and most importantly...worth it. They love being recognized and loved on their special day. I also realized we have one more birthday this year and then we're out of business until next September. Both good and important thoughts.




2 comments:
Seriously what is up with all these birthdays at the same time?! That must be expensive and exhausting for you. I love that your friend bought that cake for Owen, that is all kinds of thoughtful!
Melanie, I know it shouldn't, but this post made my throat get all hot reading it. I love your kids. It seems hard to believe that Kat's been yours for so long. I remember when you got her. I remember Nate as a baby, too. And Owen? WHO can forget him and his birth.
I love you all.
Thanks for including me in your life and being a part of mine. You're a blessing.
Post a Comment