First post of many from this week- Nathan receives the priesthood (read more about that here).
| 2 months/12 years |
Nathan has been looking forward to this birthday for months as he anticipated receiving the Aaronic Priesthood. He has grown so much in the past 18 months both physically and spiritually. When my cousin gave him this suit in May 2012, it was huge. You could barely see his little hands poking out of the sleeves. Now it fits him perfectly with little to no growing room. My friend hemmed the pants for me with the smallest hem she could make and they hit right at the top of his shoes. I've been warned this is just the beginning of his growth. Spiritually he has grown too. This last year + has not been easy for him but he has worked to stay positive. I've been proud of his willingness to keep going and moving forward. He's a good boy.
He chose to have my brother Kyle ordain him to the office of a deacon. More than ever I am grateful to have such a good, strong brother. He and Heidi traveled here for the day with their four young kids to meet the needs of one of mine. Humbling to say the least. It meant a lot to me and to Nathan as well.
I love this boy.




5 comments:
Oh wow. Wow. Melanie, I love your posts.
Natan looks so handsome. That's a great picture of him and Kyle. The one of the two of you is incredible. You've raised such a great young man. I'm proud of both of you.
He looks so happy!
Sorry that was me! He looks so happy!
I love that your brother came. I don't know why that touches my heart so much. Congratulations to your whole house turning older, wiser, and stronger too!
Post a Comment