Friday, February 07, 2014

Five for Friday- Mostly Owen Edition

1. Owen is starting to make his toys talk when he plays. Most of the time they talk to each other but sometimes he tells them what to do as well. I set the train track up for him a couple days ago and he loved it. He would make a really long train and if it would break apart he would say, 'Wait! Wait for me!' or 'I fix it!'. I sat and watched him play for quite awhile. I can't believe how big he's getting.

 We also play Buzz and Woody a few times every day. I never get to be Buzz though. He hands me Woody and days, 'You play Woody.' Clearly, Woody is second class to Owen. He puts Buzz high in the air and says, 'To infinity...and beyond!' and runs off down the hall. It's pretty darn cute.

 2. Facebook just turned 10. To celebrate they made a one minute movie for you of pictures and posts of your time on Facebook. I wasn't going to make one but after seeing a bunch of them I caved and made a movie. I joined in late summer of 2008 so there was quite an assortment of pictures. Most of the photos randomly chosen were recent but a few of them were older. Ahem, the Cabbage Patch picture above. Even Facebook knows that's an infamous photo!

 Not a surprise to most, by the end of the 60 seconds I was teary eyed. It was a fun little recap and it was full of memories.


 3. Today was the first snow we had that somewhat stuck around. We even had a 2 hour school delay. It was bitter cold but that did not stop these guys from putting on the gear and getting outside. They played out there all morning until it was time for school. More snow is in the forecast and they have plans for a bigger fort if sticks around. Hot cocoa and cookies coming up!

 4. Owen sat by the window and watched them play for a little bit. Eventually he went to his room and found the bucket of cars. I came back into the living room and found this set up. I think he was dreaming of beaches, Disneyland and California traffic. He inched each car along the windowsill until he decided on a 15 car pile up and swiped them all to the floor.

5. Today he pushed a stool over to the phone, picked it up, pushed numbers and said, 'I call Gwama.' Even though I had just hung up with her (and he had talked to her then) we called her back. He said 'love you' and when she said it back, he kissed the ear part of the receiver where he could hear her voice. He can be incredibly exhausting (hello two year old!) but he can be equally as sweet. He is talking more everyday and starting to be funny like his brothers. I was changing his diaper and he was wiggling all over the place (driving me crazy). To distract him I took his foot, put it to my ear and said, 'Hello!' A second later he said, 'anybody home?' I died laughing. When you cut through the whining, crying, clinging, tantrum behavior- two years old is actually a cute and funny age.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

We wouldn't know what to do with all that cold. We have had 4 "snow days" with school cancelled this year and it never even snowed!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I loved reading this. Just thinking of Owen makes me smile. I thought I got to be around your other kids a lot as babies, but not as much as Owen.

I'm glad you did the facebook movie. So glad. I thoroughly enjoyed it. That cabbage patch picture is such a classic, they couldn't NOT include it.