Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Her Mother

 This morning after she kissed my cheek, told me she loved me and left the van, I realized it was April 9th. Ten years ago today, I became her mother.

Never did I realize then the tender mercy she would be in my life now. After ten years, I can say just that. Countless blessings, gifts and tender mercies have been given to me with this sweet girl in my care. I'm grateful my Heavenly Father loves us both enough to bring us together. I know he knew how much I would need her love and example in my life (hopefully that goes both ways).

Some thought it was a mistake to bring her to our family. Some thought it would be easy. Oh, how both of these thoughts were so very wrong! It has been one of the best decisions of my life And, it has been one of the hardest decisions of my life. When I look at her, I'm reminded that we grow roots during storms. I'm grateful she's with me for whatever comes our way.

I love this girl so much. Happy 'day I became your mother', Kat.

3 comments:

Chandra said...

She is a blessed young woman to have had you as her mom these last ten years. Wow. Has it really been that long? I remember going to a shower at Sherri's for Kat. So glad you bless each other's lives so much she is beautiful inside and out like her mama.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I wish the whole world knew Katherine. 'Course, I wish the whole world knew you, too.

I'm so glad you two were given to each other. So very glad.

I'm also so glad that I know you both. You've both been a blessing to me.

Natasha said...

What a beautiful photo and post!