Kat has really started to shine as the track season comes to a close. She really enjoys the long jump and is figuring out her strong races (distance). She has one more meet next week and the season is over. Last night she told me her last meet was a fundraiser for the hosting school and it would be $30/family to attend. I was floored. I couldn't believe they would charge so much! What about the families that couldn't afford the extra $30 (possibly ours haha)?? I thought/vented about it in my head all. day. long. I was at the park with a friend and was complaining to her about how ridiculous it was and that it was just too much to ask of that many families. Fast forward to her her meet this afternoon when I found out it was THREE dollars as a fundraiser, not $30! Turns out that is a pretty reasonable price for a fundraiser, ha. My goodness this girl makes me laugh! It kept us both laughing all evening.
Tonight was the second class of my last semester in the Pathways program through BYU-Idaho. This was the gorgeous sunset over the river on the way home (I wasn't driving). I love going to class. We have the best group and have a really good time together. I've had so much on my mind the past few weeks when it comes to decisions about continuing with school. I have to consciously not think about how long it will take or what I'm going to do because I am immediately overwhelmed. Truthfully, I'd rather be home with my kids every Thursday night but I know this has been the right thing to do. I'm also grateful for gentle reminders (like this sunset) that there is beauty all around even when so much can be overwhelming. I find sunsets a calming way to end my day and today was no exception. A happy sigh for all the summer sunsets on their way.

2 comments:
Thanks for the reminder of peace and beauty a sunset can bring us. I'm really proud of your accomplishments in furthering your education. What an example you are to your kids as they watch you climb that ladder.
I'm with your mom, what an example you are and for the reminder of the sunset.
Please, please, please do tell about Kat and the high-fives. It still makes me laugh.
I cannot believe how fast she is running that mile already.
So glad misplacing zeros is just about the only fault Katherine seems to have!
Post a Comment