We did it! We said goodbye to 7th grade, 6th grade, 4th grade and kindergarten. I didn't have a photo of all of them together on the first day but this one from the primary program is pretty close (Sept 24th). They have grown up, that's for sure.
From September to June......
 |
| Finishing grades- 7, 6, 4 and kindergarten with Owen enrolled in homeschool full time. |
Look at the difference in these guys. Three new pairs of glasses, a set of braces, a man neck on Nathan, longer legs on Owen, a few+ inches scattered between them and all sorts of other things. Nathan is a deacon, Dane earned his Webelo, Reed rides his bike without training wheels, Kat is a missionary (she invited a non member friend to camp) and Owen holds our hand better than he used to 9 months ago (but we're not where we want to be, ha).
Our school year turned out to be a great one. There were some learning curve bumps (middle school and homework for mom, anyone?) and kindergarten tiredness, but we did it. I'm always amazed at how time marches on at a steady pace, never slowing down. Summer marches too. There is Boy Scout camp, Cub Scout day camp, girl's camp, family reunions and Silverwood to name a few of what is up and coming on our calendar. I am looking forward to the fun we will find both here and away. Here's to summer!
5 comments:
Your Kids really have grown a lot since school started in the fall...
Sounds like you have busy summer ... I hope you make time for a few lazy summer days.. For some reason my comment posted three times.. So I deleted two...
Congratulations, it's no small thing to make it through another school year! It's remarkable how much the kids change during that time and I always wonder how or if I change as much (more wrinkles and weight perhaps).
Landon was gone on his High Adventure trip last week, Whitney goes to Girl's Camp this week and Randy goes to Scout Camp with the Deacons the week after that...I'm not going anywhere.
I was going to say I thought Kat had changed the most, then I thought, "No Reed has changed a lot, too." Then I figured Dane was really quite a changed boy. There is no doubt, though Owen is almost in the same pose, that there is a whole lot more knee on him than used to be.
Here's to a productive and good-things filled summer.
Post a Comment