Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Thanks

Today was a great, calm Thanksgiving (only 7 people at dinner, 5 in my family). No family drama, no tantrums. That is always a welcome treat. It was quiet but I loved every minute of it. The kids were good and they had a great time messing up the play room.

I had a wonderful day but will post short so I can hit dreamland soon! I am thankful for so much. Most of the time I do not feel worthy of all the blessings I have. Most of the blessings I have come with a trial in hand and I truly am grateful for both things. I have learned this in my life- I need the trial as much as the blessing, probably more. They are what really make me who I am. I would not take one of them away, really I wouldn't. This is a short list of what I am grateful for. I want to sit down and really write this post. But for now...
{I wanted a Christmas card picture and this is the best of what I got (nothing good at all). Too cold and windy! They were not happy about the photo session at all! They wanted to quit after one time!}
1. my family- they love me all the time and the boys always tell me I am pretty (do you know anyone who wouldn't be grateful for that?). I don't have to prompt them for it either!
2. my ability to work from home and help with the finances while Milo has gone to school. We could not have made it without it.
3. my Savior and His example
4. our home, be it ever so humble (I don't want big, just more closets)
5. the temple- the peace there, I just love it
6. Milo almost being done with school. He has worked so hard and our little family misses him being around. We are on the countdown.
7. sticking to a workout plan (mostly) since March. I haven't lost very much weight but it has improved my mental status most days (reduced yelling), not to mention I can kick some butt. I am tons stronger!
8. blogging- aren't we all? I have found wonderful examples of service, friendship and love. I always need more of each one of those in my life. Only recently have I come out of lurking. I am so glad, I regret not doing it sooner. And starting to write and journal too, I haven't done that since college. I am way over due with that too.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Did you have family drama? tantrums? a good nap?

3 comments:

Jill said...

I think that picture of the kids is cute, definitely Christmas card-worthy.

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and that all was calm and well.

I'm also glad you've come out of lurkdom, that's no place to be for such a great girl.

That's a great list of things you're thankful for.

Anonymous said...

I like the kiddo picture- I would use it for cards for sure.

Glad your T-day went well and was calm. No tantrums would make any day a great one for me.

I liked you gratitude list too- I feel the same way about being able to work from home a little to help out while my hubby is in school as well.

jenny said...

I think it turned out fine. If it's too perfect then we all wonder how in the heck its so good right?

Sounds like you had a nice quiet thanksgiving. I love your list--so great. Tantrums--well that is just a daily occurence in our home I am afraid will never end!