I spent most of the day at my mother in law's house getting things ready for tomorrow. We made or prepped all of this- 2 pumpkin pies, 2 coconut cream pies, strawberry cream cheese Jello (an all time favorite), dressing for a spinach salad and peeled and cut up potatoes. I had forgotten my camera so I have no pictures of all we did (above is what I did when I came home). We had a good time and the kids were so good, they love to be at her house. I came home and made 2 more coconut cream pies to give away. A friend had surgery yesterday (no great dinner for her) and a cousin had surgery last week (she is still in some pain so no fun for her) so I thought a pie might make it a little better. They seemed happy. THEN, almost ready to wind down I forgot I was going to make a crumb topping apple pie. Luckily it is very easy to make. I am ready for tomorrow. Hopefully next year we will have a bigger crowd with more family around. 
Halfway between my day, after coming home from the cooking house, I was so excited to see good mail in my box! It really makes me have a silly smile on my face and a happy heart, I don't want to get rid of it! I love it! Jill sent a book (looks great, a topic just for me. how does she do it?), the cutest gratitude journal (I am using this every day), labels that I am SO excited about, darling ribbon (can't wait to use it), some candy and cute flowers to fill the package. I LOVE it all Jill. Your card was sweet and thanks for thinking of me. I have some good mail in the works, I hope to get it all out on Sat. Fun, fun thing to look forward too.
What kind of pie would make you happy after surgery?
Are you ready for the big day tomorrow?
3 comments:
Coconut cream. Defintely coconut cream :)
Thanks for your blog, Melanie...and for the good mail you hand delivered two weeks ago. I love, love, love the picture.
Those pies look and sound scrumptious. I've never really made a from-scratch pie. Apparently my domestic skills (other than cleaning) are kind of lacking.
I'm so glad you got the good mail I sent. I hope you'll enjoy that book, and will develop the habit of writing in your gratitude journal. It's a great thing to do.
Coconut cream. My favorite.
Jill has a gift, doesn't she? I love that book.
Post a Comment