Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Apparently...

Apparently, I like good deals (who doesn't?)! This is my steal of a deal nativity from last year. I found this nativity on the At Home America website in their sale attic. They were closing it out and I got it for only $12.99, originally it was around $50! I bought 3 for gifts and they loved them. I loved that they were so cheap (and nice).

Apparently, today my kids had a plan to do me in! I had tantrums and whining from them early on, before 8 am to be exact. First Dane, then not to be left out, Nathan started in (they tag teamed me all day). I wanted to take pictures to document their faces (to prove it all to them later on down the road) but in all the commotion (them whining, me yelling) I could not follow through with that thought! Nathan refused his nutritious lunch of mac and cheese, Dane only wanted to eat popcorn and I vowed to not let either of them have a snack before dinner (unheard of with them)! I was able to follow through with it and by dinner he was crazy with hunger! I hope he learned a lesson (it's hopeful) even if it is the lesson about having a mean mom that follows through. Bedtime did not come early enough and of course we had a fight there too. The 3's are hard, sometimes the 5's are harder and today the only thing I could do was laugh! (It was at them and not with them, is that all bad to help me keep my sanity?)

Apparently, I like the songs Silent Night and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, a lot??! I sent out some Good Mail cd's and I bet you're wondering why the heck Silent Night and Have Yourself.. is on there TWICE! Duh Melanie! I had no idea until tonight when I made one for my mother in law. And how many times did I took at the iTunes playlist when doing it? Oh I don't know, maybe 20? I felt the need to say it was a total accident and I feel a little silly. I mean if I was going to do it, O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song and I could have had THAT on there twice instead of these two! Oh well, if I could do things in total silence and with no crazy yelling maybe all would turn out right the first time!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least the Cds weren't blank. That is something I would do.
O Holy Night is my fav too. Hope the kids are better for you tomorrow. A tag team is a scary though. I can't handlw my one little boy.

Anonymous said...

At least the Cds weren't blank. That is something I would do.
O Holy Night is my fav too. Hope the kids are better for you tomorrow. A tag team is a scary thought. I can't handle my one little boy.

Anonymous said...

I love that nativity- so original. Sorry about the tag teaming- I really hope today is better. Yesterday I just had one having tantrums and it was enough to do me in by 10am. Good luck today.

I got your CD on Monday and I love it! I didn't even notice the duplicate play- and I am sure it would have taken me a while to notice. Just makes the CD that much longer I suppose.

Anonymous said...

I love your nativity. I'm always checking the AtHome America attic page. You can get some good steals there.
I think God knew what he was doing when he only sent me one child, one mild-natured, quiet girl. Because if there is one thing I can't stand it's whining and yelling and tantruming. I respond the only logical way: I yell back and tell her I can't take it. That'll teach her not to yell :). The only thing to do after a day like that (other than laugh, which I am a big fan of) is to go in to their rooms when they're sleeping and so adorable and kiss them on the forehead and say "I love you."

jenny said...

Oh, I feel for your day yesterday and hope you are having a better today. I think every age is hard it just depends on the moment.

It's the thought that counts on the cd I am sure none of them cared it was on there twice. Don't beat yourself up. Love the nativites--that is a steal!

Laurie said...

Making a CHristmas CD is a great idea. I need to learn how to do that. There are so many great new songs out these days.

Love the nativity. $13 is a huge steal. How cool. I love how Deseret Book has so many nowadays. I'm glad they've gravitated to that and realized the interest.

I can relate to the all-day whining. 5 can be worse!?!

Bond Girl 007 said...

what a good price for the nativity set...it isso pretty too!

Jill said...

I really need to get a good Nativity and am wishing I would have gotten one after Christmas last year so that I would have it for this year. Oh well.

Sorry the boys tag teamed you, that's always the way isn't it? I often mutter "damn kids" under my breath throughout the day.

Your song line-up on the cds is amusing. I realized I put 2 versions of Silent Night on one I made too.

Anonymous said...

my little guy gave me a run for my money this afternoon. and when my little girl gets mad at me she yells, "get out." she's only 2. 13 should be interesting.

i LOVE your cd. i've actually had a little experience with one of your songs...i'll have to email you. so i thank you! double songs and all. it's perfect.

michelle said...

I love the nativity, and I have never heard of that website! I'll have to check it out.

Who cares about the double songs? It would only be a problem if they were on there twice by the same artists!

3s are definitely hard. I think they're worse than 2s.