This is the damage I was able to do today. I came home when the kids were already in bed and so everything was dumped on my bed and sorted out. I love to know how much I have for each one and how even I am. Do you try to be even with your kids? The potatoes and pretzels are not for Christmas and I'm not sure why they didn't end up in the kitchen, oh well! We had a great day (I went with a cousin, that I love) and I am so close to being done! I love it, I have never been this close, this early. I went without a list today and that could have been dangerous (it wasn't). I decided to do what Becca has done in the past and use cash today. I have been doing lots of hair so it was turned into play money, always a fun treat! It worked pretty well even though I did use the checkbook a couple times. Oh well, no credit and that is always nice. Something I will be doing again!I need to make a list of all the things to still get done (short version). I always start out with big ideas (a common theme amongst us women) during the holidays when it comes to crafts and goodies to take around to friends. In the craft department, I have some vinyl lettering to make the sign boards, a scrapbook craft for a few people, and fleece for hats and scarves. Will I ever get all of it done? It is doubtful but I plan on giving it a shot. Most likely it will happen in the wee hours of the morning, when I'm not blogging (like I am right now...115 am) . Usually for treats I make White Chocolate Popcorn and Rolo Turtles. Two of the easiest gifts ever to give away (cheap too and I really love that). I'll take pictures and post this weekend. The popcorn is so easy, not really a recipe and everyone LOVES it. I never take any home because it is so addicting. Have you ever had it/made it? Does it sound good to you?
Tomorrow night we are going to my mother in law's house. For some reason she wants to have a Polar Express night. We have never done it before. I guess we are going to show up in our pj's and eat the night away while watching the movie. That is if the kids will watch it. They have not been too interested in TV/movies in the past week or so. I find that annoying when I want to use it as a distraction. I know it isn't a good idea but some days it is a necessity. Most of us have been there...right?
My mom will be here in just 10 days! I love it when she is here; she cooks for us and plays with the the kids until she drops. The kids love her so much! I hate that she is still so far away from us (Vegas). I try and pressure her to get back to WA but with no luck yet. She is in education and with her vacation will get to be here for 2 weeks. I won't do hair at all (hers of course) so it will be nice to have a break from that too. After 2 weeks we reach out quota of time together (we're too much alike) and she is ready to get out of our cold weather. I'm nervous she might interrupt my blogging time. I guess that means I am addicted. Luckily that puts me in good company with all of you! You are addicted too, aren't you?
---I'm wondering in blog world, do you second guess your post and redo it or do you just get it all down once and let it go? I'm fairly new and maybe that's my issue. It takes me forever to finish a post (maybe it's the supposed ADD and my lack of focus!). How about you?---
14 comments:
The pile of present progress on the bed is very pleasing- I love doing a marathon of shopping and feeling accomplished.
How fun for your mom to come for 2 weeks- AND that you are giving yourself a two week break from cutting hair.
I don't really second guess my posts, otherwise they never would get posted. Probably makes them boring but I want the record.
I love the pile of presents! Today is my day to try my hardest and just finish my shopping!!
So fun that your mom is comming, I don't know how you find the time to cut hair at all...it will be a nice break when you mom is there! (My mom cut hair at home while we were growing up and I always thought I had the most talented mom in the world!)
Please post the popcorn (sounds so good, white choc. is my favorite!) and turtle recipes..I always need ideas.
I used to second guess but now I just type and post...if it doesn't make sense oh well! My blog is a great journal for me, the tiny details of my life and feelings...and I have decided it doesn't need to be perfect since I want it to reflect me (so very far from perfect!)
I am completely addicted to blogging. Help! :) In fact I haven't bought one Christmas present (other stuff I've collected throughout the year for Alexis), addressed one card, or even decided what to make for neighbor gifts, but hey I have not neglected my blogging. I know where my priorities are.
Actually, most years I'm almost done at the beginning of December except all those last-minute gifts that stress me out all month. So this year I think I'm going to do a marathon too (just like a guy would) and just be done with it within a few days and see if that helps my stress level. So far so good.
As far as posts go, perfectionist are never done. So I post on my blog and then all day fiddle with it, especially with pics because you can't see what it looks like (the preview is always wrong) until it's actually posted. I get frustrated that I can't do that with comments, especially when I hit publish and see I have a typo (having majoring in English I hold myself to a high standard. I don't want to end up on Jill's blog with a grammar mistake j/k).
Like Becca said, please post your recipes. I am in desperate need of an easy neighborhood gift.
Enjoy your time with your mom and wrapping all those gifts.
the treats sound great, please give us the recipes!
I'm excited for you that you get to have your mom visit. Mine isn't coming this year and I'm very sad about it.
You are almost done shopping and no credit either? You're a wonderwoman.
I don't revise my posts. If I did, I would probably never post, and I have a hard enough time as it is!
i'm so excited for you that you're almost done. i wish i were! hopefully soon.
about the white chocolate popcorn thing I LOVE IT! it is sooooooo good. there is a company here (the mad popper) that makes it. my only problem with it is that i can't stop...i eat way too much for myself.
on that note, i would love to know how to make it! if you get a minute please do share. my mouth is watering ( :
sounds like a fun time with your mom. what a fun time of year to look forward to. i admire your productivity on top of being a faithful blogger. i'm slacking and it's just due to christmas cards and a project or two!
Melanie...I can't wait for the recipes either! And...I spend way too long over posts...I don't want to ever get bit by one...and yet, I need to get faster and free-er.
Looks like a lot of scoring on the shopping. Hope your kids don't peak and look at the blog. I only say that because mine read it daily.
Mom visits are always good, especially the kid entertainment and cooking. I don't second guess my posts, but after I post it I always go back and change it because I see errors. Well, I know there are always some because I SUCK at grammer.
I find it much easier to correct when it is posted. Also for some reason my spell checker doesn't work in blogger. Weird! I don't spend more than about 15 minutes on a post. I spend the majority of the time sucking myself into other blogger lives. Sounds like a soap opera huh?
Post the recipe sounds YUMMO!
It's pleasing to see that pile of presents. I try to keep the kids monetarily even, but Whitney loves all kinds of cheap crap so she gets lots while Landon likes more expensive things and gets fewer gifts. It works out though, plus our tree is so small that even 10 presents under there looks like a ton.
I'm impressed that you and your mom can handle two weeks together. I'm lucky if I can make it through 2 hours with my mom.
As for posting, I usually crank it out and then try to revise it a little bit to make it more understandable.
I am glad you mentioned your popcorn making. I couldn't think of what to make. I forgot I love how a popcorn ball recipe turned out last year. I better dig that out. So fun to go shopping with your cousin. I try to do three presents from Santa and then a lot of fun stocking stuffers.
I am glad you mentioned your popcorn making. I couldn't think of what to make. I forgot I love how a popcorn ball recipe turned out last year. I better dig that out. So fun to go shopping with your cousin. I try to do three presents from Santa and then a lot of fun stocking stuffers.
Yes, I have the ADD revision problem.
Yes, I need kids to just watch TV sometimes, but at least the oldest ALWAYS wants to watch it. I have to cut him back somehow.
Love the Lego police station. My 3 1/2 year old would dig that. Where did you find it?
You are a hard working gift giver! I'm making bread right now to tie a ribbon around. I gotta keep it simple this year.
Wow, shopping!!!!! I hope you have fun with your mom.
Wow, shopping!!!!! I hope you have fun with your mom.
Good job on bringing cash, I need to try that! Fun that your Mom is visitng for 2 weeks! That's the best!
Post a Comment