Monday, December 04, 2006

Smooth Monday, thankfully

Surprisingly today went over very smooth for a Monday. Busy but smooth. I had a major case of insomnia last night (I need to quit this nasty habit!) so I was glad when the kids were happy with out a lot of intervention today. Another surprise, I wasn't that tired either. Milo took the boys with him to play basketball this morning and while Kathryn was at school, I vacuumed for at least 20 minutes. That made me so happy. I love when my floor is freshly vacuumed. Now if everyone would stay off of it and not walk all over it I might stay happy about it!

I started writing my Christmas card letter. Don't think I get all crazy about a brag letter because I don't. This year I have started something that will only be 1/2 page. It still tells about each of us individually, just in a short version. Do you write a full page letter? (I have in the past) Since not much has changed this year, why write it all again? Maybe next year when Milo is done with school, now that will really be something to talk about! I decided to order a picture from the professional ones we had in August (usually we just do a snapshot). They are more expensive but, our weather is so crappy now (for outside shots) and we are running out of time to get a good one of all 5 of us.

Like Jill, I have had the same feelings of not teaching the kids enough. About many subjects but, mostly about the gospel. We go to church every week, focus on teaching our kids how to work hard (child labor) but would only 'try' to have FHE, finding many excuses not to have it. (Yes, I too am publicly repenting). About a month and a half ago I recommitted to having FHE weekly (so far, so good). Tonight after the lesson (about the people of Ammon and Korihor), we had the kids make cards to send over to England for the cousins that live there. They had fun but did make a mess on my floor (ugh). Sometimes I forget their age and easily get frustrated. Why do I expect so much out of them? They are only 6, 5, and 3 for crying out loud. I had to remind myself that at least 10 times tonight. I doubt Jayni (another 3 yr old) will care either way.

p.s. The box we have to send over will cost more in postage than it does in contents. Crazy since it is only 5 lbs worth of stuff. I still think it is worth it and I hope they do too. It just makes me sad to think about them being all the way over there with NO family or close friends to celebrate with. I hope the burned cd's, pj's, the doodle bear and toy hammer are all they ever hoped for....ha!

p.s.s. Check out Crystalyn's blog if you want to help out in anyway with sending some holiday cheer to her VERY deserving cousin.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Good idea to use the professional photo. If I had one I'd be using it. Isn't it funny what a challenge a decent photo can be?
:-)

Way to go on FHE.

jenny said...

I am laughing about your vacuuming. Thats so me. In fact, I make the kids leave the room for at least 30 minutes so I can enjoy those vacuum marks.

Good for you on FHE. We haven't had a decent one in a few months, just short no time ones.

I used to write a Christmas letter each year, but now this year I just did a highlight list. I enjoy getting letters though.

Jill said...

I feel badly that I never want to have FHE, but I never feel like doing by the time Monday evening rolls around. I should probably figure out a time when I'm in a better frame of mind, but I don't think mornings will work for Randy, dang.

Kristen said...

We need to do better about FHE!
I love receiving and reading Christmas letters as long as there not to long.

becca said...

I love vacuming and I LOVE vacume lines!! I vacume before I put my girls to bed at least every other night just so that the lines will be there in the morning!! The simple joys in life!

We just took our photo at the beach today and I HAVE NEVER seen the beach looking more beautiful! Who knows if the picture will be good, the photographer could not get my youngest to stop looking at the birds, but at least the background is gorgeous!!