Friday, December 01, 2006

December 1st, where did 2006 go?

{The picture is a little dark but, another favorite nativity from my mom. Forgotten camera so no other pictures, *&@#*!!}
Finally I get to catch up on all the blogs and actually post here on mine. OK, so it has only been 48 hours since my last post but I swear it feels like 6 days! Do you miss blogging when you don't have time to catch up on everyone? I do! I have been crazy busy (like everyone!) the past 2 days also. We went out of town yesterday and I had hair appointments all day today! We finished off the night with the ward Christmas dinner, I am SO glad that it is over and I have no other obligations for my calling (this one at least) for the rest of the month. Wouldn't that make you happy too? I am content just sitting here getting the time all to myself, so I can blog! Yeah!

Yesterday we took the kids to the dentist. We go to a dentist in another town (that sounds so hillbilly) giving us a chance to go to Costco, Target and anything other than Wal-mart (all we have here). Usually Kathryn has cavities every time we go but this time was a nice surprise she got to ring the cavity free bell (loud cow bell). She was just happy about no fillings! Nathan has been cavity free so far but his streak came to an end yesterday. With 3 that is! Luckily they could take care of all 3 fillings yesterday because they weren't booked up. That made me happy so we wouldn't have to travel back sometime this month. Like Michelle, I forgot my camera and there were some photo ops that I really missed out on. I was highly annoyed with myself. In times past Dane has had a knee to knee exam and yesterday he was so cute, he sat up in the chair the whole time and even let them do x-rays. They were pleasantly surprised, he only turned 3 in September. I guess that isn't normal? He kept saying funny stuff too. I need a recorder with him, I usually forget what he says before I can even write it down.

I did get a little more Christmas shopping done yesterday. I found some killer deals at Old Navy for Milo. He will read this so I wont post it, just go check the place out. I think the sales are even better than they were the day after Thanksgiving. I obviously have more shopping to do, I just can't think of what to buy. I need some concrete lists! Do you ask for lists or do you think them all up on your own? I might just get out of town and wander around, sometimes that works for getting ideas.

I sent some small Good Mail this week. That always makes me giddy wondering when it will get to it's new home. I have to think about sending Pink Christmas too. When are you sending yours? Also, I need to get the package ready to send to Milo's sister living in England. I hope I can still mail it the cheap way and it will get there in time. I think it might be spendy, hopefully I can squish it all in a small box! The post office is going to love me this next week!

I can't believe it is December 1st, a common topic these days! I usually get reflective this time of year trying to remember all we did through out the year. 2006 went so fast! It is just crazy thinking about all that has gone on and how is seems like it was just last week! Why does that make me sound like an 80 year old woman? Does time go fast for you too?

9 comments:

Jill said...

I hate missing a day or two of reading blog and posting. It rarely happens, but even if I'm gone all day I feel out of the loop. It's crazy.

That was very lucky that the dentist could do the fillings on the same day as the cavity discovery, I love it when that happens.

I'll have to go check out Old Navy for Randy. I never know what to get him. Last year I got him floor mats for the car! How exciting is that? NOT! He never wants anything, and I can't comprehend that.

I need to finish my Pink Christmas gift so I can send it next week. I think sending it early but having it wrapped inside so they can put it under their tree would be fun. The anticipation would build for weeks.

Kristen said...

I can't believe it's already December too! Crazy!!! Before we know it it's going to be 2007, weird, don't you remember when we hit the whole Y2K 2000, that was 7 years ago?!?!?!

I love Old Navy! Good job on the dentist, I need to take my kids in.

becca said...

Time is flying by so fast I can hardly stand it!! I am will you on needing a concrete list...I just seem to be shopping without a purpose and It is not doing me any good!! That is my goal for this week...make a REAL list and start crossing off the gifts I buy! I have a coupon for old navy, I should head over and check it out! Thanks for the tip...also, I love that nativity set, so cute!

Amie said...

Thank you for the nice cd! I love it and what a surprise to get a present from a blogger I am not familiar with yet! I had to go back and research to find you. (Apparantly my sister, Becca knows about you...) Anyway, thank you, thank you, it was perfectly timed to get me in the Christmas spirit. I will be back to read your blog and get to know you.

Anonymous said...

That nativity is so cute. I remember time not going fast enough when I was a kid and now it is just flying by and not going fast enough for my kids. Crazy!

Liz said...

Melanie, I got your card with the fun Christmas mix in it. THanks so much! It was a fun surprise, and I enjoyed listening to it.

I need to mail my Pink gift too! This week has been so crammed, I just need to prioritize and get things done! Lists might help! :)

Anonymous said...

time goes by faster and faster everyday! it seems like the older my kids get the faster time goes. it was just yesterday that christian was afraid of santa. and this year, that is what he was grateful for at our thanksgiving dinner. crazy!

got my christmas mix cd and am loving it! thank you so much! it's a great one. thanks for thinking of me.

jenny said...

I know what you mean when you don't have time to read others posts. Funny how fast you can get out of the loop.

I mailed my pink gift on Thursday. I was just giddy to finally send it and get if off my fridge!

Your nativity is darling.

Bond Girl 007 said...

crazy I am sooo behind...from our unexpected trip to Utah for thanksgiving and all the stuff i need to do...that is why it is soooo late...but it is fun to catch up with everyone.