Thursday, December 14, 2006

Finally, I get to post!!

I am so excited to finally get back to posting. I have thought about it for the last 3 days but sadly could not make it happen. In the past 3 days I have done- 2 perms, 2 colors, 2 updos, and 3 haircuts. (I know I am no busier than the rest of you, just documenting here.) I love doing hair but it really is feast or famine. As you can tell, I am in feast mode. I'm not going to lie, I love the benefit of money but the time is what ends up taking a toll on the whole house. Time off is so near...my laundry needs me!

Here is a short rundown...
Wed- We had Kathryn's kindergarten program. She looked so cute and was so proud that all of us were there. She was right in front (red shirt, denim skirt, red tights) and was beaming with a smile the whole time. All of my pictures turned out blurry because my camera battery was so close to dying. Ugh, I was annoyed with myself, again.

Thurs- We got the pictures from the photographer for our Christmas cards. I was pleasantly surprised! I thought it would take much longer for them to get here. I was up until 1 am (weak compared to Amie, I know!) working on them. I finished the letter (a short list) and I still need to address the envelopes. I am so impressed with everyone that makes their own cards. I want to, would love to I think, but the vision is just not there. I buy the photo card, stuff one in and call it good. I love our family picture, the first one I have ever loved. Out of curiosity, are you going to post your letter/card/picture on your blog?

{ I still have a dying battery, hence the blurry pictures, it is going on the charger RIGHT NOW!}
This is a quick project I started (and finished!) tonight to add to my Pink Christmas gift. Are you a last minute project girl too? I was also able to get my Pink Christmas gift wrapped and close to sending. I am starting to feel some panic over getting it in the mail. At least it doesn't have to go all the way across the country. It has been done since the deadline so what is my deal? Can I only meet one deadline? I was hoping to get it sent tomorrow but if I wait until Mon then my mom will be here and I wont have to drag the kids to the post office. Better idea right? I love seeing the packages that have made it to their new home. Really Kristi, this has been so fun! This has been asked a lot lately but, where are you with yours? Calm, cool and collected or panicked, frazzled and stressed?

BTW, it was so sweet to feel missed in blog world! Thanks for noticing, it made me smile!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally made my cards and gotthem sent off. They are beyond simple though. Nothing fancy. I almost ordered the costco ones but I wasn't feeling like addressing 50 envelopes this year.
You are busier then me. I think it is amazing you can be a Mom and cut hair also. I struggle just getting through the normal Mom routine.

Anonymous said...

Melanie--

You have had a crazy week. I appreciate and admire you taking care of all the fine-looking heads in town (I saw one of your colors the other day and she looked beautiful...it had really picked her up.)

Kathryn looks so Kathryn! I love seeing her enthusiasm for life and that she marvels at every good thing in her life. You are such a good family and good mom for her.

Ok...off to prepare a lesson, I was just so glad you posted.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

My mom did hair while we were growing up and now that I am older I know the toll that working and mothering can have on you. Glad a break is in store for you in the next week or so.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is cute, even blurry. We had a Kindergarten program a little bit ago and all my pictures turned out so dark you could barely see anything. Oh well.
A girl in my ward does hair and she has 2 little boys. They seem to be pretty easy going. At least I'm easy. I just get a quick cut, which is less money but I tip well.
I guess I am a last-minute project type of girl because I like to get everything done early and then I keep thinking about how to make it better so I am often adding/changing at the last minute.
Are you going to post your picture on your blog? I'd love to see it. And I'm glad you finally posted. I've been checking all week.

Jill said...

I've been missing your posts and hoping all was well. I'm glad you're just busy and not down and out with the flu or something.

I can't wait to see what you made for your Pink Christmas gift! I am supposed to be finishing mine right now so I can mail it today. Why am I blogging??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow you have been busy!!!!!
Did you get blown away form the storm??????????

jenny said...

One thing I regret is not going to beauty school. That is a skill I wish I had for extra cash.

I got your cd yesterday. I LOVE IT! You didn't have to send it, but I am glad you did (so now I can not enjoy it like so many others).

I hadn't thought about posting my christmas card. I did sent them to a lot of the blogging girls. I would have sent more out but I ran out of cards!! I too missed your posts!!