I know I confused a few people after my last post about raising a child I didn't give birth to. To make a REALLY long story short (if that is possible), Kathryn joined our family when she was 3 1/2 (3 years ago in April). We had confirmed to us that we would be raising her, she is Milo's youngest half sibling. It sounds so weird but really it isn't (to us anyway). I look back now and without the Spirit she would not be here and I am so glad we listened. Nathan was 2 1/2 and Dane was only 7 months and we were totally ok adding her, knowing the Lord would help us raise her (I can't count the times He has). We have been so blessed to have her here and really, we want it no other way.

Have you ever sent out cards in January? Should I feel silly doing it? Would you feel the need to explain why they are 2 weeks late? I already have postage on there and everyting! Why do I jump the gun and put that on first? I'll never learn I'm afraid!

19 comments:
They're very nice (great photo and all), and I'd mail 'em. Your friends will love receiving a card in January. I always get a few this month. If you want to explain you could write on the back of the envelope "The flu delayed our mailing!" but most people will probably just think it got lost in the mail.
That is a great photo. What a cute family you have. It is better late then never.
I think you should definitely send them. No one cares if they're late, they just want to see the cute picture of your family and hear about your life. I got a Christmas card in the mail today and am still waiting to hear from a couple of the families we always hear from. I'd be happy to get a Christmas card in May!
What a great picture! You look so skinny.
Definitely send. I still haven't gotten your Christmas gift to you...but I'm still thinking you'd want it :)
I have a friend who sends her Christmas letter out for Valentine's Day. I look forward to it every year.
Great picture! I would totally send them- who cares when they come- you went to all that work and those good intentions shouldn't go unnoticed.
Cute christmas cards. Bummer you did all that work and lost your steam. I am with Jill--you made the effort just send them. You totally have a legitimate excuse.
The cards are GREAT, and the family picture is so cute! DEFINATELY send them. I have still been cards from people and I love it!! I would love a Christmas card whenever it came...don't worry about being late!!
I got a Christmas card yesterday in the mail, and it was a fun surprise because I wasn't expecting it. I'm sure your friends and family will love to get your cute card, no matter when you send them.
What a beautiful family! I have been telling my Husband that we are done having kids...but will have another one (or more) join our family. I'm not sure how this is going to come about, I can just feel it. I'm glad that everything is going so well with Kathryn.
I'm glad that you guys enjoyed eating dead rats in butter. Definitely a dish that you have to eat before New Years resolutions to loose weight.
Definitely send them. I have a friend who send hers out around valentines and I still love to get it no matter what time of year. Cute family.
I have sent out cards in January before. And if you have already put postage on I think you should send them for sure!
What a beautiful family photo. I love seeing what your kids look like, they are so cute!
Send them!
Go ahead and mail them! I for one would be thrilled to get a card, even 2 weeks later! Great picture too.
Great card!!!!!!!!! Send them . I think your family and friends would love it.
I love your 100 list. I always remember what I should have put on mine when I read everyone elses.
I didn't get my cards out either due to sick kids with the cold flu. I still want to just because I just had a baby! I am doing mine late and saying happy new years! I still haven't gotten our photo taken. Maybe they will have to be Happy Valentines day?!
It was really fun to get to know you better.
what a beautiful picture and beautiful children. wow! yes, send them! it makes for such a fun surprise in the middle of grey-nothing-going-on january. send, send...
Cute cards! I agree with everyone knowone will care why they are late they will just be glad they got your card. I would be happy to get Christmas cards all year long.
hi melanie! i realized i never get to your blog! but ive got you hooked/linked up-
SEND THEM OUT! i still have my entire door FILLED with them waiting for all the new years ones!!
i also wanted to say i LOVE your cute and short sassy hair!! im tempted now to chop mine...hmmm
Post a Comment