1.I have brown eyes but always wanted blue.2. Chaos stresses me out.
3. I love to help others, even as a young girl.
4. I went to three different schools in the 6th grade.
5. I 'found out' who I was at Ricks College 13 yrs ago.
6. I never graduated but am happy I went. I call it my 'expensive learning experience'.
7. I was reserved in high school because I was so self conscience.
8. Now, I make friends easily.
9. I love to read and have since I was a little girl.
10. I don't feel my family is complete yet.
11. I like kitties and puppies but don't like (not even a little) cats and dogs. I have Jill's policy-nothing that poops!
12. I LOVE babies and never want to give up holding them. I'm a baby hog.
13. I hate that I'm a yeller.
14. I want patience with my family because for the most part I have it in others.
15. I love to vacuum.
16. I spent an entire summer in Hawaii at 13 (too young to appreciate it, thats for sure)
17. I HATE crickets, the noise they make, their moving antenna and their feet!
18. I drive a mini van.
19. I am 2 years, 2 months and 9 days older than Milo
20. I was never going to marry anyone younger than me.
21. Or someone from a divorced family. Milo is and it's ok. (I'm not judgmental about that now)
22. Or someone without a degree, I was too old (24.5) to help someone through school. He's been in school for 5 years.
23. Or someone with a hairy chest. I love his hairy chest.
24. The above list could go on. I had a big list of nevers (obviously) and I went against all of them when the Spirit told me it was right. So glad I listened.
25. I would love to see France, Germany, Ireland, Scotland and New Zealand.
26. But I hate to travel. I get car sick and plane sick.
27. I graduated high school in Las Vegas.28. I was raised by a single mom.
29. My grandpa was the best 'dad' I could have ever had. I miss him regularly.
30. I hate snowy, icy roads.
31. I love to go to farmer's market in the summer.
32. I live for Saturdays in the summer to yard sale.
33. I get distracted easily.
34. I had my first perm at 18 months! (by my mom)
35. I have baby fine, stick straight hair that doesn't hold curl.
36. I have been a official hairdresser for the past 11 years but have always loved to play with hair.
37. I cry when I get really mad.
38. I have learned to love gym time, I want to be healthier and stronger.
39. I want to lose 30 lbs.
40. I am not athletic.
41. In another life I would play sports for fun but since I didn't care about winning, no one wanted to play with me.
42. I am competitive in other ways.
44. I am a realist, and to me that isn't being negative. I like to call it like it is, even when it hurts.
45. I am grateful for my trials, even the very hardest ones (a couple top the list), because they have made me who I am today. I wouldn't give even one of them up. (I'm serious)
46. I am raising a child I didn't give birth to and I never knew it would be so hard.
47. Or how rewarding it could be.
48. I am independent.
49. I am raising myself in a male form (Nathan) and it is really hard!
50. Sometimes my emotions are on my sleeve.
51. I used to love roller coasters, now not at all.
52. I like to bake goodies and treats but hate cooking dinner.
53. My favorite ice cream is vanilla, Breyer's Vanilla Bean to be exact.
54. Silliness can drive me crazy when it is in the car.
55. I knew Milo was the one in just a couple days because I was my true self with him.
56. I have a hard time with cocky, overly confident people.
57. I love blogging (duh, don't we all)
58. I have a real testimony of the Gospel and for that I am deeply grateful.
59. I am a major night owl and love to sleep in.
60. Cadbury chocolate is an all time favorite, I love easter candy.
61. I not a huge fan of being pregnant but don't mind delivery.
62. I love Gordon B. Hinckley. He is so cute to me and I love the positive outlook he shares with us.
63. I love clean sheets with freshly shaved legs. Tonight I have both.64. In high school all my friends were girls. In my early 20's most of them were guys.
65. I hate cutting hair into an ugly style. But I'm not the type to offer that info unless I'm asked. I have given people my opinion about what they want, only to offend them. Now I stick to what I'm asked.
66. I want to be a better mother. By remembering my kids are little right now and to not expect so much out of them.
67. Fall is my favorite season (love the colors and the temp) followed closely by spring, then summer and lastly winter.68. I have found peace in my life when I have let forgiveness in my heart towards someone that has hurt me. (Did that make sense?)
69. I like the dentist and hate the doctor (they weigh you!)
70. I was a nanny for 6 kids.
71. I generally am not a risk taker. Neither is Nathan
72. I want to remember to read my scriptures every day.
73. Favorite flowers- Hydrangea and Plumeria
74. I want a clean, serene room but Milo is usually sleeping during the day so I don't clean it and by night when he gets up I no longer care about it. (it is always cluttered)
75. I love drying fruit, especially pears.
76. I was in the room when my niece was born and it was a sweet moment.
77. I'm scared of horses.
78. Swimming in lakes freaks me out, I don't want a fish to touch me. They probably don't want to touch me either but still..
79. I scared of the dark, even though I'm 31.
80. I love taking pictures and aspire to be a better photographer every day.
81. I have been sidetracked at least 5 times and have to keep going back to look at what I've written because I can't remember. I might have duplicated, sorry!
82. I have anxiety when I'm on a boat with my kids. Milo loves boating and I'm not sure how to remedy this.
83. This is a hard one to admit... I have never been east of Utah! So sad and so true.
84. I have never mowed a lawn and Milo laughed at me the one time I tried. (It was quite comical)
85. I used to get jealous easily but feel lucky I have outgrown it (for the most part).
86. I have a love for cookbooks when I can't sleep at night I get up and read them (if I don't have a book) and hardly ever cook out of the ones I read.
87. I am almost always right on my first impression and it's hard for me to go against it.
88. It is hard for me to trust others right away.
89. I hear lots of 'dirt' on others when I'm doing hair.
90. I'm a beautician, NOT a magician. But I'll work to make you happy.
91. I would love to finish everything I start.
92. I want to be kinder to my kids.
93. I have always wanted to play the violin (good that is). I tried at Ricks and it was painful.94. I never remember the lists I make at home when I'm at the store. I wander aimlessly trying to remember what I wrote in the first place.
95. I pick at my nails and cuticles. My hands are always dry.
96. I have been watched over all my life, I know the Lord loves me and that is one thing that calms me.
97. I wish I would act on more of the promptings I get about helping others. I let life get in the way too often.
98. I love being a wife and mother and wish I wouldn't let myself get overwhelmed so easily.
99. We have had rough times but I love my mom dearly and I look up to her in so many ways (we still have it rough some days because we are so much alike)
100. I loved our vacation to the beach this summer.Was making this list supposed to make me feel emotional? I feel blessed to have made it where I am today and can't wait (with fear) for what is to come. So do you have any of my same likes or dislikes?
20 comments:
First- love the picture of you at the top! I share a lot with you:
I pick at my nails and cuticles. My hands are always dry
I cry when I get really mad.
I love clean sheets with freshly shaved legs.
I would love to finish everything I start.
I want to be a better mother. By remembering my kids are little right now and to not expect so much out of them.- this is soooo how I feel right now!
It was cool to see so many tidbits about you in such short succession!
I love the picture of you too. I had to compare the two pictures of you to make sure it was you.
I shared quite a bit of the first of your list with you. I am intrigued by some of the things you said and want to go back and read your blog to fill in some of the blanks.
I am a fan of the 100 list.
Melanie, I love your list! I had to laugh because some things you said are so me! I love the pic of you at the top! I'm inspired to start my list now.
Melanie, your wonderful! How fun to get to learn more about you!! This list thing is so cool! It goes to show how much we all are alike. I love it!
I love the picture of you too. It's always fun to see updated pictures. (I think we sometimes look different that our little mugshots).
I LOVE clean sheets and freshly shaved legs. I wish I could cut hair. I just posted my list today. Thanks for sharing and jumping on!
I LOVE your list Melanie...and I think you are a magician with hair. You really are.
I love the things you said and your honesty. I knew a lot, but learned even more. Thanks for giving us this peek into you.
I want to learn to play the violin, too! Have for years...someday, someday.
Great list Melanie. I related to many things - choas is a stress, love to read since a girl, don't feel my fam is complete, hate when I yell, want to be more patient with family, love to vacuum, would love to see New Zealand, cry when I get mad, no longer love roller coasters, wish I didn't get so overwhelmed, forget my grocery list and then wander aimlessly....
I was fascinated by the new knowledge that you have an adopted child? and were raised by a single mom.
Hi Melanie,
I had to stop by and come see your list! Very fun. I also hate crickets with a passion, had a list of nevers that I turned out marrying (and glad I did), and swimming in lakes freaks me out, too. I was once swimming in a river and did kick a fish, and that was the end!
Fun to get to know you a little bit!
Its so interesting to see how much we have in common. I so enjoyed reading your list.
I love your list of nevers with your husband. It always seems to work out that way doesn't it. Too funny.
I get distracted all the time as well.
I love clean sheets and a fresh shower.
# 97 so true for me.
I love this one too..
63. I love clean sheets with freshly shaved legs. Tonight I have both.
I also don't like horses! And I WISH I had you to cut my hair because I really like yours in that top picture!!
i would want you to be my neighbor because of 44 i need more of you in my life.
great list and way to go.
so the list sums it up for me you are totally great!
I started at Kelly's blog tonight & haven't stopped because I'm loving all of these lists. We share a love of hydrangeas & cook books. I laughed out loud to think of perming an 18-month-old. What was with perms when we were young? My mom was always perming my hair. Then I was touched by your comments about your husband. Love is truly the exception maker...and don't you love that you really have no clue what is best for you. All the lists you mentally make when single mean nothing once The One presents himself.
It was very enjoyable to read about you!
I'm so glad you made a list. I love learning these things about you, and also enjoy the cute picture of you at the top. (It's weird I don't really know what you look like.)
I also love freshly shaved legs on clean sheets, that was a good one.
Love your list. I found myself at Ricks 12 years ago. And so many more similarities.
Great list!!!!
12. I LOVE babies and never want to give up holding them. I'm a baby hog. I have a few friends just have babies. I am always holding them. I am a big baby hog!!!!!!!!
30. I hate snowy, icy roads I do too!
100 I loved our vacation to the beach this summer. For my b-day I went with some friend’s for a girl’s weekend to the beach in Oregon. But Hawaii is my favorite
What a great way to learn more about you. I could relate to a lot of the things you listed. I cracked up over your list of nevers before you met Milo. And I am totally impressed that you're raising his sister as your daughter! Wow. Definitely sounds hard to me.
so fun to read. it is funny how many of us have things in common (i am totally afraid of the dark!) thanks for sharing your 100!
i love your list! i totally cry when i'm mad and this can confuse people who don't know it. i am also older than my husband (even though only a few months he really like to live it up during that time and be "younger") and he comes from a divorced family. i too thought i would never marry someone from a divorced family and then had some experiences that made me open to it. i will say that some things about it have been harder than i anticipated.
i loved getting to know you better!
I'm glad you made your list. Here are some things we have in common:
My boyfriend in high school used to say I had crap brown eyes. Nice.
I'm stressed by chaos, I hate crickets, I hate snowy roads, I'm easily distracted, I'm independent, Alexis is just like me, I hate cooking dinner, the only people I am ever rude to are cocky guys (hate them!), I love clean sheets, swimming in lakes (and oceans) freak me out, I have never even touched a lawn mower, I'm a grocery store wanderer, I played violin as a child, I pick at my nails and cuticles, and I feel I am watched over to. I should post about it. I promise I will post soon!
And can I just say hooray for realists. I'm an optimist, but I love people who are honest with me, especially since I don't always see the downfall to situations. I am not sensitive and I like constructive criticism. My best friend is a realist.
I love your list. I can't believe how much we have in common, especially about what we thought before we got married, of what we wanted in a husband, Lou's younger than me, is still going to school (graduates in April.. yea!) and has a hairy chest
I also love to vacuum.
THere are more it was amazing thinking so many of these were on my list or should have been on my list.
Post a Comment