Sunday, January 14, 2007

{I love standing next to someone 9 months pg, you always look smaller. Not nice, I know}

Yesterday, the shower went great. There was a great turn out and we fit into the room with a tight squeeze. It was fun and I'm glad so many people came to support Annelise (pronounced Annalisa). She has longed for this baby for almost 5 years. I can't wait for him to get here either, I want to hold him for a long time!
We played the candy bar match game that Melinda sent me. I added a couple more from the internet to make it an even number. (I know how ridiculous that sounds in case you are wondering) Only a couple people had played it before so we didn't have 5 winners. This was the only game we played (whew) and then it was onto presents. I forgot to take a picture of all the goodness she got (tons). We had dessert, Brownie Sundaes (all homemade, even the hot fudge sauce, my favorite, yum!)

I was so tired when I came home I wanted to just sit on the couch and do nothing. I knew if I didn't get up and stay busy I would crash and burn. I decided to cut the boys hair, they needed it so bad. I am horrible about cutting my own family's hair (typical). When I finally get around to it, I do it at a horrible time of day (before dinner last night) but they did fine and sat still. I love when my boys have a fresh new haircut. Handsome boys (I'm biased)!
After the shower and cutting hair I was so not in the mood to cook dinner. The kids love french toast (sorry for the visual Michelle) and so I took the easy way out. I did add some cantelope too so they did get a little variety. I dread Sat nights now because of having to get every thing ready for Sun. Dane was a little out of sorts before bed but I have axed naps on Sat so we can all go to be early and I thought that was the reason.

I was dead wrong! Starting at 2:30 he got up and proceeded to throw up EVERY half hour until 5:00 and then to help me out he only went every hour until 8:00. Needless to say we didn't make it to church and have continued to lay around all day. It was almost laughable to me because my kids have never done that before (the every 1/2 hr thing). He is still running a fever but thankfully hasn't thrown up for a few hours. A victory for sure.

On a totally different note, I need some help finding a book that will help me learn all about Photoshop. I have read reviews on Amazon and I just can't decide. So if you have mastered Photoshop and a book helped you let me know. Or if you like a different editing program better let me know that too. I took pictures of Anna's belly and they need to be retouched. She has to give herself shots in the stomach twice a day to thin her blood so she has lots of little bruises. I thought I was smart enough but after playing around, I'm not so sure.

18 comments:

Kristen said...

I loved your comment about the pregnant picture, that was great and it's so true!
Your boys are so handsome! I wish I knew how to cut hair, oh the money I would save.
I'm glad to hear that the shower was a success!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the shower was wonderful. That is great. I know how stressful it to give those. I have given a few in the last year. Your boys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I hope your little guy feels better and that no one else comes down with it!

As for adobe, the book to have is the one by Scott Kelby, he tells you exactly how to do it and it actually makes sense. At least this is what I have heard, I don't have the book, but I want it! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a sucessful and fun shower for your friend! I'm sorry you have a stomach bug in the house. That is one of my least favorite things, and this year has been my nemesis!

I almost slid off the couch in a jello heap at the thought of your friend having to give herself shots in the stomach. Poor girl! I can't help you with a photoshop book, but I will be watching for suggestions, because I would love to learn!

Anonymous said...

you SO funny! that is true about standing next to someone preggo! your longer hair threw me off!! and you look great! even ifyou werent next to a big ol prego woman!

as far as adobe photoshop..thats what i use..just send me the photo's and i'll take care of it and send it back to you..otherwise my hubby jon taught me everything i know about it..no book needed here..

Doodle Bugs said...

Great comment about standing next to an expecting mom!! Sooo true HA! HA!!
Cute, cute picture of your boys!! They look so sweet :o)

Anonymous said...

yes handsome boys and i totallly would have done the french toast for dinner! glad the shower went well. and so sorry about the night...those are ROUGH nights! hope that gets better very soon!

i would ask amy m about photoshop books. she loves reading that kind of stuff.

glad your shower went well!

Anonymous said...

Sick kids in the middle of the night are the worst! So sorry.
Showers and parties are so much more fun beforehand than after, aren't they? Your friend has a fabulous name! :)
I've never used photoshop. Someday I hope to be that cool.

amy gretchen said...

I'm so sorry you had to deal with a sick boy. No fun. I have already done this twice this season with multiple kids. No fun! The boys look so cute.

Ah photoshop books. Delightful topic. I hear Scott Kelby has an excellent book that is a step by step guide. I have not bought it but people rave because it's an easy way to learn fast. I like theory. I want to know what to do and why. I read the photoshop classroom in a book, which is pretty much a manual. Sort of dry, but it gave the info I wanted (personal preference i guess). From there I just played with it. What photoshop are you using? I suppose I should ask that since it would make a huge difference. Email me if you want.

michelle said...

Oh, I love fresh haircuts on my boys so much! I only wish I could do it myself, their hair grows so fast and I hate taking them every 3 weeks...

I'm glad the shower is behind you, and sorry about the sickness. That all through the night stuff is so exhausting. Hope no one else gets it!

becca said...

I am so glad the shower was fun! I don't think I have ever played that game either!

I LOVE breakfast food and my mom used to make it for dinner every so often and it was my FAVORITE!!

So sorry you have a sick one, there is just nothing worse that the throw ups!! Horrible!! Hope things are better today!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about having sickies in your house. There is nothing worse than throwing up.

You crack me up about that picture with you and your friend. You are not even close to being big silly.

Love the boys pictures. Cute!

The shower looks like it was a bit hit. Sorry I have no advice on photoshop other than I wish I had it.

Anonymous said...

French Toast is the easy way out? We have breakfast for dinner about three nights a week!

I love little boy haircuts. They look so innocent and precious. Sorry about the sick. No fun, missing sleep is worse than cleaning up the sick. Hope everyone recovers quickly.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the shower went well. That candy bar game is good for a non-shower game player.

Anonymous said...

Kids throwing up all night. So not fun...I hope everyone has recovered for back to school tomorrow!

jenn said...

Hey Melanie! I've seen you around the blogging world and thought, since you said such nice things on my blog, I'd come say hi on yours! I LOVE your 100 list- boy do we have some similarities. Like baby hog- so we better be careful what events we both attend :)

You should totally send out cards in January! I am still sending out the last few that I didn't have addresses for!

Can you come cut my boys hair? LOVE new hair cuts!

Finally, hope you all get over sick REAL fast!!

Jill said...

I'm so glad the shower went so well, what a relief. The picture of you two is cute (your comment is a crack up).

I'm sorry Dane was sick all night, that's grim (I'm also sorry I'm only now seeing this post!). I hope no one else gets it.

Bond Girl 007 said...

what a cute picture of the boys....those sandwiches look good...gosh it is late and i am hungry