Today I found out that cats are out to get Jenny and I feel for her because my 3 yr old is out to get me! We have been on the outs all day. Everything I have done for him is wrong but he wont tell me what is right. I know many of us have one of these (a cranky child) in our house, today it was so hard to deal with him. I hate writing this, I love him to death but really must he scream at everything I do? Dane, be nice to your mama tomorrow!
Don't you just love it when they are asleep? After such a hard day I went in and had to take a picture. Does he look like a screamer to you? I know he shouldn't suck his thumb but I just find it so cute (I did it myself, maybe that's why). Who doesn't have orthodontics down the road anyway right? I love my babies when they are sleeping, they are so peaceful and are little angels in my eyes.Thanks for all the great suggestions for a baby shower! So many different ones! I'm with Michelle about not playing games but the mama to be likes to play them. I guess I shouldn't have asked her and I could have gotten out of the game playing completely. It will go fast and not be too painful(hopefully).
Well I'm off to watch the new Grey's.
17 comments:
I have a screamer too. My little guy screams pretty much everything he says and often screams at me too. We are working on it. I feel your pain!
Those days when you're not clicking is the worst. I hate feeling like you're the one that has to please everybody. I do love it when they sleep and need to visit them in that state more often. They look so peaceful and sweet. Hopefully today will be different.
What a cute idea for the rice krispie treats, Melanie. I'm going to remember that one.
Dane is darling.
Days like that are so trying for me. I try to have a sense of humor about them though because really, I am lucky that it is a rarity with Mya and can relate to being out of sorts. Hope your day is better today!
Sleeping children are the best! I love to watch them and remember why I love them so -- something that can be hard to remember at times when they are awake.
This is the best weather for Taco Soup. I also love watching my children sleep. They always look so peaceful. I hop you have a great day.
Stay warm. It is going to be clod today!!!!!!
Did all these ladies really comment through the night or are the time stamps wrong? It looks like no one slept last night.
My 3 year old still likes to suck his thumb and is doing so right now. I just told him to stop. He says, "But I have to/need to!"
Cute rice krispie idea. One other game that doesn't take extra time (and I don't know if it was recommended) is making or printing out Baby Bingo cards, and then having the ladies fill in the squares with items they think the guest of honor will open. As she opens they mark them off and you can award Bingo winners with prizes. It all takes place during present opening.
the other advantage to that game is that people pay attention to the guest of honor instead of starting to get up and leave!
Laurie, I'm thinking the same thing! We have some early risers here. And just for the record I am not one of them!
ugh..nobody likes screaming children! i hear ya! i DO love when they are asleep..i find that i like my kids again..hhehehe...
mmm taco soup-good idea and the pink krispies-how cute is that!!
we havent had any thumb suckers or binky suckers...only kids that like their special blankets with the thread that sticks out and they roll their fingers on it..hopefully our ortho bill wont be as high!??!
I hear you on whiny, screaming kids, I hope today is better for you! I love taco soup...it is one of my favorites!!
Adorable picture of your little boy. 7 pm-9am are the favorite hours of my day and well nap time.
I'm impressed you could through a good meal together so quickly.
Ah, yes the screamer. That would be my Luke. Obviously I have been VERY patient with him lately. But, I'll be honest it's not easy.
I love sleeping babies, and no he doesn't look like a screamer. Your taco soup sounds yummy. I am always up for good soup.
My daughter is a screamer at times but I have nobody to blame but myself. Where do you think she learns such behavior?
If I had only commented at 1:30 when I was on the computer last night I could have fit right in :).
It's hard not to love your children when they are sleeping. I give my daughter extra kisses when she looks so sweet slumbering.
Your little guy looks so cute there asleep with his thumb. My 4 year old is a thumb sucker, too. We've tried to get her to stop, and then one day she was frustrated with us and said, "You can't take my thumbs!" It was too pitiful. We're due for major orthodontia with that one.
I hate days like that when the kids think it's okay to make life miserable for me. Sleeping kids are definitely my favorite kind of kids. I hope tomorrow is better.
Your dinner and dessert sound great and thoughtful (pink rice krispie treats!).
I have to say, this week has been really hard for me with the demanding and hard to please kiddos. I almost feel like I need a day just for me, without any kid stress, so that I can get myself together and be able to handle this a little bit more maturely than I have been. I sure hope it goes better for you! Good luck with the shower!
Post a Comment