Dane refused to wear a coat even though he couldn't feel his hands. I gave up the fight, it really wasn't worth it. He would come inside when he was ready to warm up, right? I'm having a hard time not just giving in to him lately. The fights, I can't stand the fights. I know it's because he has been the baby the longest, he speaks his mind and had an opinion over everything! What to do? I'm typically not a giver inner but he is wearing me out!
When we came home he was so tired (I was loving it)! We had our old, extra car seat in the house and he set up his own recliner. I could hardly tear him away from the vegging state he was in watching TV. They all went right to bed, I love it when they know how tired they are and just go to sleep! I might have to do this more often, wearing them out is so worth it.
This morning Milo called to say he was going to be late getting home from work and I would have to take Kat to school. UGH, I wasn't ready yet (as in not even dressed). I had not idea why and I'm sad to say I hadn't even looked out the window yet. This was the surprise I got today, snow everywhere. I know it isn't as deep as all of you Utah girls but still I think it might count as our first real snow this winter. Maybe second...? I want to go around and take pictures (still trying to learn my new camera) but I have hair this afternoon. Maybe in the morning.I don't normally post about TV but American Idol was just too much last night. Milo and I had a debate going on. Tell me where you stand. I just can't believe there are THAT many people that think they are good. For the most part, I think the ones they show are acting and faking it. Like the guy from Midvale, UT and the blonde girl with her clone mom. They can't be real. Milo on the other hand thinks they are all real and that I am delusional. Tell me I'm not, I just can't stand the thought of all these people thinking they are good. It's actually frightening to me!
Thanks to everyone for the comments left on my last post. I was going back and forth with posting about it because I didn't want it to be too depressing or down. I am glad I did and am grateful for all your comments and support!
16 comments:
My children also rollerbladed in the garage. It helps if they can get out some and have fun on snowing and cold days.
American Idol, wow! I think some of those individuale are mentally disabled. I feel so bad for them. I think the judges were too hard on some if them. They could have been nicer
I also think there were some that are Tone Death. They just can’t tell that they are singing off key. So Sad!
so funny to see kids in the garage PLAYING!!! must be really cold!!
i have yet to see AI yet..and im kinda glad i havent exposed the girls to that kind of junk...
I'm with Milo (minus the delusions) but I also trust everyone so don't follow my advice. Sure I think there are some phonies out there but I think most of those people think they have it. So sad. But I like Simon. He is doing them a favor to make sure they walk out the door with no misunderstandings about their talent. That is a better favor than lying to them.
I am glad you had a place to go and "play" with the kids. I was SO happy to send mine back to school today. Mainly because they were crying I'm bored all day yesterday.
Now on to A.I. I am with you and say these people can't seriously think they are good. The blonde girl and her twin mom brunette were a bit scary don't you think? I did feel so sorry for the guy when Simon told him he resembled a monkey. Okay even if he thought that keep that part to yourself. Sadly, most of his comments are pretty true even if they are blunt.
I think that several of these people are hoping for their claim to fame like the William Hung guy. But maybe I am wrong??
We have had cabin fever here, too!
I don't know what to think about American Idol. I think a lot of them do just want to be on tv. But, I think a lot of them really do believe they have a chance. It is scary sometimes and sad other times. I have trouble watching because some of them really kill me. Like that kid with the big eyes -- there was just no need to go there. Sometimes they are asking for it, and sometimes they are just exploited, I think.
I think the snow is so pretty! (of course that might be because I don't have to go out in it!)
I haven't watched AI this season. The beginning makes me too sad and I don't like that everyone thinks it is so funny to watch Simon be so mean! I have seen on the news that they have had some pretty bad ones this year and it sort of breaks my heart. My husband tells me they are all just acting for the camera, but when they break down crying I just can't stand it! I love the show and start watching at the top 10!
I have fond memories of skating in the garage as a kid. Love it.
I think most of those people really think they're good (except the ones with the crazy costumes - I think they are looking for the TV time). However, I am sure that the show combs those stadiums for the people that are going to make for the best laughs and showcases them. I'm sure there are a lot of pretty decent, semi normal looking people that never even get in front of the judges.
We used to roller skate in our garage when I was a kid, it was so fun.
I know what you mean about not wanting to give in, but man sometimes they just wear you down. Whitney has a way of badgering me until I break down and give her what she wants. I hate it because I don't want to encourage that behavior, but it's often when I'm on the phone and just want her to go away. So frustrating.
American Idol was so painful. I just watched it last night and couldn't believe the guy from Utah. It was so embarassing.
We've got snow finally now too! The first of the season. I just spent the morning sledding, making snowangels and building a very tiny but cute snowman. So much fun, but boy am I tired now!
By the way, great idea for tiring out the kiddos!
I use to roller skate in my garage when I was a kid. We really need to get ours cleaned out this spring so that's more of a possibility. We even have heat going into it.
I love it when kids know they're tired and can put themselves to bed.
I have been dealing with the giving in to Mya lately as well. I hate it, but some days just feel like the struggle can't be worth it. And I really try to see it from her view- I would hate someone telling me no 100 times a day.
Great idea to have them skate in the garage- I love when kids wear them selves out and go to bed gratefully.
What a cute picture of your kids. I love when I can plan a fun activity for my kids (even though they're still young enough they are fine staying home all day) I think they're more for me.
I don't watch American Idol. I watched the first season (parts of it) and that was enough for me. I agree completely with you, and that's one of the main reasons I don't watch it. People are acting just to get on the show, and the judges are mean. Plus it's on when Gilmore Girls is on, so Lorelei wins any day :)
I love when the kids are worn out from being active!
I think part of the deal with AI is that just because you can see along with the radio DOES NOT mean you can sing! When the music gets taken away things get brutal. We haven't watched this season's episodes but we have them recorded. I hope some of them are faking it because then I don't feel so sorry for them.
Oh, don't get me started on AI. I used to feel like you, there is no way that many people who are tone deaf think they can sing. But now I think maybe there really are that many people who are deluded about their own abilities. And maybe they are just desperate to make it big? I don't know, but this season is by far the worst yet with the auditions.
They used to cut people off immediately if they were terrible. Now they let them sing the whole song! It's just too painful for me. I have always been a die hard fan, but now I think I am going to stop watching until they get past the auditions!
I am all about wearing out also. Nothing nicer then the kids falling asleep when there head hits the pillow. And it's good for them to stay active.
I love your romp in the garage! I agree, the fighting wears me thin... and my some (3.5 - how old is Dane?) often goes in public without a coat, and boy do I get some frowns from the old ladies! A good day - when they (and we!) crash into bed!
Post a Comment