Saturday, February 10, 2007

50 posts and Tagged (twice!)

What? 50 posts, I can't believe it! I haven't kept a journal for years! I love that even though this is not a traditional journal I still have tidbits of daily life and irritation written down. 50 posts to many here in blog world is weak sauce but give me time, I'm working on more.

I have been tagged by Susan and Amy M and tonight instead of cleaning (bleck!) I'll post. My house wont thank me tomorrow!

6 weird things about me:

1. I can't believe I'm admitting this but I love to drink pickle juice (not pregnancy related). I don't do it often but when I do it totally grosses Milo out!

2. I hate to take the garbage out in the dark. I can walk it out there but I RUN back in. Yeah, I'm 31, does that matter?

3. I have dreams of seeing the world but I literally hate to travel for many reasons. Oxymoron I know. I hope to outgrow it one day.

4. I hated cottage cheese when I was a kid (the look and smell would make me gag) but now I love it in many forms. With fruit, on or in salads, as a chip dip, you name it and I'm probably a fan of it. I have no idea how I got converted.

5. I cut hair but 'hair' in or on things TOTALLY grosses me out. I can deal with the hair that I cut, sweep or style and my own but if I don't know where it came from I get the heeby geebies.

6. For a big part of my senior year I had to ride the bus home from school, not cool! At first I threw a fit but when that didn't buy me a car, I came up with a new plan. I begged the bus driver to make a new bus stop right in front of my house so no one could see me get off. My mom always told me it wasn't brown nosing, it was just getting you where you needed to be. At first he said he couldn't do that, I kept at him until he made a new stop. For some reason I still think that is so funny.


6 things that make me happy:

1. Growing closer to Milo every year we are together.

2. When all 3 of my kids tell me they love me (even if it's when they're working me) and when they say I'm pretty (it melts my heart).

3. Helping others to feel happy.

4. Crafting late at night.

5. Singing along to most of the songs on the radio. I put on frequent concerts.

6. The right balance (so hard to find) of family time and alone time. I love both.


Consider yourself tagged:

Laurie
Michelle
Melinda
Becca

18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What great lists. I also run back in from taking the trash out at night. That's funny.
And I can't think of a better day then one that is balanced well with family and alone time.

Laurie said...

Great list! I can relate to most of your list except for drinking pickle juice. That's pretty hilarious.

I'm glad you tagged me. I've already written 6 unusuals but I'll have to come up with six happys and post em.

Hope you're having a great Sunday.

Melinda said...

I love your list!! I do the same thing with the garbage!! Although the last time I did take it out I had reason to run. I heard some rummaging and it freaked me out but then a second later I could smell the skunk!! I need to go and post on my blog the 6 things. Hmm, I need to start thinking.

Kristen said...

I always get an eerie feeling when I'm in the dark taking the trash out-hahaha
I don't think I could EVER drink pickle juice! That's pretty funny!
Great list!

Donna said...

Super list.
I don’t like to take the garbage a night! Scary!!!!

Liz said...

That was a fun list of interesting things to read about you! I am such a nerd about the dark too! If I come home after dark by myself, I run from the garage into the house (right now our garage is detached).

Thanks for your ideas for my dinner! I am having such a difficult time making my brain want to come up with something.

Anonymous said...

Fun lists, Melanie! My husband usually takes out the garbage, but I had to do it this week while he was out of town, and I ran back inside, too! Funny!

jenny said...

Great lists Melanie!! I can't believe you were tagged twice. Congrats on the 50 posts. Isn't it great you now have something to look back on that you didn't before!

amy gretchen said...

I can't believe you like to drink pickle juice. My husband wouldn't come by me for days if I did that.

I love #6 on your happy list. I can so relate to loving getting the time for both you family and yourself.

everything pink! said...

ok, i now love you even more. riding the bus in H.S. to me says a lot about you! I so admire that I can't even begin to explain!

carlo said...

Melanie, I too am a pickle juice drinker!!!!!! I especially love Tony Packo's Pickles and Peppers juice. (and I thought I was the only one!!!)

I am so glad I finally hopped over here--Love the tag posts. Great lists!

Crystalyn said...

it's so funny you say that about pickle juice because i was just debating drinking some last week...but i AM pregnant.

your happy list makes me happy! i love all of those things as well. although i have to replace milo's name with dave's ( :

Amie said...

Great list. The pickle juice thing is a little freaky but I hate the dark at night. I always run.

I swear I already commented here but it isn't here so I feel a weird - I already said that think going on.

I am thankful for a consistent journal too. 50 posts is big. It seemed like it took awhile to get there and then they add up faster for some reason.

Christina said...

what? pickle juice! scary!!

you crack me up --

fun getting to know you-both freakish and normal ways!!hahha

Angie said...

I used to drink pickle juice a lot too, but haven't in a long time. I, too run back in after putting the trash out at night. Just call me chicken!

COngrats on the 50th post.

michelle said...

I rode the bus in high school, too. Not fun! LOVE that you badgered (I mean, convinced) the driver into helping you out!

We had raccoons that rooted in the trash when we lived in Washington -- that's reason to run to me!

I love crafting late at night, too, if only I could sleep in the next day...

Bond Girl 007 said...

that is funny about the hair.... i love the crafting at night...although I am more stationary.... but the pickle juice??? I don't think I have ever consider drinking it...

Amy said...

I am so with you on the hair thing. I get really grossed out by hair that is not on people's heads. Well, actually I don't like touching other people's hair unless they're members of my family.