Friday, February 09, 2007

Cadbury lover

I am so tired tonight but didn't want another day to go by without posting. Tonight we had a Fiesta Fund raiser for the kids preschool. The school they go teaches some in Spanish with one of the teachers being a Spanish lady. She is an amazing cook and does everything herself. It is the BEST Mexican food. I am still full and I ate 5 hours ago, not good. There was carne asada, rice, beans, chicken/steak fajitas, mole, guacamole, fresh salsa, chips, homemade tamales and more I can't remember. There is an insane amount of people that go, I'm sure she fed somewhere around 350 people. The kids had a great time too. Their school is also in a building that houses gymnastics. They ran around and jumped on a trampoline the whole time. The very best part is how well they went to bed. They were pooped! It was so loud I still have a headache. I'm like an infant, too much noise sends me over the edge! At this point I doubt I'll outgrow it!

Now for the title of my post. My mother in law just got back from England. I think I mentioned it before, she was visiting Milo's sister that is living there. She took the best tour while she was there, she toured the Cadbury Chocolate factory. Doesn't that sound just dreamy? I would love to experience it first person but I guess this is how it goes. When you go in they give you 2 candy bars. Half way through the tour they give you one more. At the end of the tour you choose a filling (mints, rice krispies, peanuts, etc) and put it in a cup. THEN they pour warm melted chocolate over it and give you a spoon to eat it with. My mouth waters just thinking about it! Could it be a small death by chocolate? She brought us home this treat, a box of Cadbury Heros. This is what is contains....'Includes Cadbury Dairy Milk, Cadbury Dairy Milk with Caramel, Cadbury Dairy Milk Whole Nut, Twirl, Time Out, Dream, Fudge, Crunchie, Picnic, Nuts About Caramel', it says it is their most popular kinds. Candy bars that I have never heard of and I'll answer you right now before you ask, they are SO good. I love it even though it is pure evil, the good kind of evil that is!

Good Mail came yesterday, twice! Two in one day is blow me over with surprise kindness! I just can't believe I have found such wonderful people here to relate to and have friendships with. Amie sent me the cutest package! I loved (it's gone) the chocolate, I needed it yesterday! Cute bath stuff, pencils, notes, yummy chapstick and a lovely card! Thanks so much Amie I love it all! I also got a card from Jill (scanner not working, @!$*#!). I loved it! It was full of encouraging, uplifting words. Who wouldn't love that? I know I did, thanks Jill!

I am heading off to bed. The day of baby will be tomorrow! My friend Anna is in the hospital tonight and will have him some time tomorrow. I can't wait to hold him, after mom, dad and grandma of course.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes my mouth water just thinking of going to a chocolate factory. How cool that she brought you back the selection of their most popular ones. I haven't heard of a lot of them.

And good mail is always good. Sounds like you have enough chocolate around to keep you happy for a while :)

Donna said...

What a fun time you all had. I also love Mexican food. My husband has a few dental assistants that are Spanish. They make the best food. My husband got a Spanish rice recipe from them, that is so good. Yummy!!!!!! Enjoy your "GOOD MAIL."

Kelly said...

A post about Mexican food and warm chocolate! I might need to come back and read this over and over again all day.

becca said...

I love cadburry chocolate...that sounds heavenly!!!

I also love mexican food...sounds like you had a great day (at least food wise!)

annalisa said...

Yummy dinner. Yummy chocolates. Yummy good mail. You were spoiled today my dear :).

Elizabeth said...

European candy bars are always so much better.
I miss good Mexican food. It is hard to find here in Hawaii.

Liz said...

All that Mexican food sounds soooo heavenly! I love it!

THe chocolate tour sounds yummy too!

I always love good mail! :)

Price Cream Parlor said...

That is the best sounding fund raiser I can think of! Delish! And, I would just go to Europe for such a tour! That is fantastic!

amy gretchen said...

I'm so jealous...I love Cadbury chocolate and to think it came from Europe. Delightful. I want to go on a chocolate tour in Europe someday.

Allison said...

European Chocolate is amazing.

The mexican food sounds wonderful. NOLA doesn't have very many good mexican restaurants, so I find myself craving chips and salsa very often.

Hurray for good mail!

jenny said...

I love touring food company places. I thought the coke factory in Atlanta was so fun.

Double good mail is right! Straight from the factory--yummy.

Hope you get some rest I am pretty tired myself.

Robyn said...

You are so lucky to get Cadbury's delivered right to your door! I love Crunchie and Time Out. I am so annoyed that my husband and I didn't know about the Cadbury tour when we were in London. It sounds fabulous! Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

We are having a death by chocolate Enrichment night on Tuesday -- too bad I can't invite the Cadbury factory over as a special guest.

Great idea for your preschool fundraiser -- sounds yum!

Anne said...

English chocolate is my favorite thing of all time. I'm a little envious of your spoils! If I ever make it to England I am DEFINITELY touring the Cadbury Chocolate Factory. And then I will stuff my suitcase with oodles and oodles of english chocolate to take home!

michelle said...

I'm a Cadbury lover too. I haven't heard of all those varieties, but I'd like to try them!

I just cannot get over that kind woman making food for all of those people! What a labor of love.

Amy said...

Ohhh. . . .yummy! I got to go to a chocolate factory in Berkeley, CA when I was there in November. The smell of chocolate when you walk in just blows you away. It's amazing. It's like you can gain 5 pounds just by smelling the aroma. Mmmm. Lucky you to get a Cadbury's treat straight from England! And good mail too. What a lucky girl!