
I started the day with a great workout and was still in a good mood afterward. I knew it was early release from school again today (no idea why) and that Kat had to be picked up at 10:45, instead of 11:30. I thought all morning that it would be perfect because my class was over at 10. The boys and I headed home and they settled down with a snack and Curious George. I was headed for a quick shower and then the phone rang. I got sidetracked talking to a friend that was just about to drop something off at my house. You probably know where I'm going with this, not good. I even remember looking at the clock right when I got in the shower, it was 10:45 and yet, nothing clicked. I get my hair all soapy with shampoo and it HITS me!! I forgot Kathryn at school! I know this wont scar her, I know she'll forgive me, I wasn't so late (15 min) that she was crying. The part that had me the most humiliated was going into the school office with professional women (dressed and ready at 730 no doubt) and me at 11 am with SOAKING wet hair. Hey, at least I was dressed! That is what almost did me in, they never would have remembered me with dry hair! I was so happy to find her looking out the window for me when I drove up. That meant I DIDN'T have to get out of the car. She bounded out with a smile on her face like I was only 2 minutes late. I love this girl of mine!

This afternoon the kids were crazy with a capitol C!! Running, yelling, jumping all over the place. Nothing at all civilized. Milo had left for class around 3 but I was elated to see him return around 4. His professor was sick. What a guy, he sent me out to look for new shoes. The ones I workout in are starting to hurt my feet. I found some really great sales (love that) but there were none in my size on sale (#@#!!). It hurt because I love a sale and I love a sale on shoes! I settled and found some that were just a little on sale. That is better than none at all right?

Speaking of shoes, I found these cute shoes for Kathryn when we went shopping last Sat. Don't you just love the pink and green (too bad the color is off. I'm too lazy to retake the picture)? The other best part (who knows if it is true) is they were supposed to be $60 shoes and I paid a mere $15. I can't wait for her to wear them.
Here's hoping tomorrow is a day I can remember where I need to be and pick up my kids on time! Have you ever forgotten, even if temporarily, one of your kids somewhere? Please say yes.
22 comments:
Suddenly remembering something like that is the worst! I have done that a lot recently and it is so disconcerting to me that it takes me awhile to recover.
Those pink and green shoes are wicked cute.
I hate forgetting anything so forgetting my kids is the worst. I've done this before and feel horrible. Oh well it happens.
The shoes are awesome. I'm glad you were able to go out and that you found something cute for such an great price.
A few years ago I forgot to pick up my kids on the last day of school. I didn’t remember that they got out at noon. My daughter called me school, crying because I forgot them. I felt s bad!!!!! I m glad that you had a good workout. After I run, I am always feel GREAT!
First, those pink and green shoes are so cute! And what a deal!!
I am sure you are not the first and you will definately not be the last to let it slip your mind...not to mention that those early release dates really throw everything off!!
She sounds like a great little girl and the fact that she came running out with a smile means that all is well!!
I have done the same thing before! At least you didn't leave the baby in the car or something ( I heard about a Dad who did this on accident).
Cute shoes!
The pink and green shoes are darling. I want a pair for me.
I love the feel of a good workout too. I'm glad you found shoes at a good price and at least remembered that you forgot to get the kids...:) It happens to everyone.
I'm sure every mother does that at least once with all of her kids. Life is such a juggling act with kids. Good news is you did your workout. That's a good excuse for wet hair at 11 a.m.!
Sadly, I got wrapped up in blogging one day and the time got away from me. I was a bit late picking up Luke. I felt so bad, he was the last one there.
Great new shoes...love the pink and green cute! Such a score deal!
I often think about that working out in the morning that Alexis' school must think I am so lazy to show up late at 10 with wet hair. And I'm feeling rushed because I've shortened my workout to get there! I do that all the time where I tell myself something a million times and then watch the clock pass the time. 2 minutes. That's priceless, as are those adorable shoes. Gotta love a good sale!
i totally stress about picking christian up from school at times. the other day i was going to lie down and then thought, "what if i fall asleep and wake up and it's super late to pick christian up?" it freaked me out. what a horrible feeling.
LOVE your pink and green shoes. i, like you, love shoes on sale too. and i also need new work out shoes!
by the way, it took me about THREE hours to get ready the other day! we didn't get out of here until noon! yes noon! so dressed and somewhere at 11 after getting in the shower at 10:45 is impressive! girl, you ROCK!
Oh, you made my day posting this!! I have forgotten more than one child. Horrible. My kids always call me to come to the school for one reason or another on all the days that I shower late. ALWAYS! And of coarse I feel so stupid not showered when all the ladies are there and ready. I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way.
I love those shoes!! I have such a shoe fettish for me and my girls!! Plus I LOVE a deal!
I haven't forgotten one yet- though I have been EXTREMELY late to pick them up! We forgot my brother when we went to have our family pictures taken once- I don't think he was smiling much in those pictures!
And I am STRONGLY encouraging you to ditch your family reunion and come to the blog party! I'd SO love to meet you!
SUPER cute pink and green shoes by the way!!
I am like Jenny I get caught up on the computer blogging, and don't realize the time as passed so quickly.
Very cute shoes!
Not yet, but I run out of the house every early release Wednesday because I just remembered I needed to pick my daughter up early.
You tell your tales so well. I leave the house unabashedly at all hours with wet hair. I should rethink, perhaps. Cute girlie - she knew you would come. You always will.
A little on sale counts!
Oh, Melanie! Those forgetting moments are so scarring -- for you! I haven't forgotten anyone yet, but once I had met some friends at the zoo with the little kids, and left in plenty of time to be home to get Brynlee off the bus. Well, there was this freak accident where something gigantic fell off of a flat bed truck, and they shut the freeway down completely. So, I had to go back roads to get home -- back roads that everyone else was taking, too. So, I was 15 minutes late and she was locked out of the house because she was in 2nd grade and why would she need a key because I would ALWAYS be there when she got home. I felt (and still feel) so bad about that. She was fine, and not too mad. But, it was one of those moments.
Cute shoes -- and what a deal!
Ouch! I hate those moments when you remember something and you are in the shower! I had to go and get a child when he was sick at High School no less. Much to my own embarrassment as well as my sons! Walking in without makeup, hair all over, normal clothes and glasses - scary!
LOVE the shoes! Way cute!
First week of preschool. School gets out at 1 on M/W and 12 on Friday. Yup, I forgot the time change. I was in the middle of getting highlights when the school called. That's not something you can just jump up and leave! I made a name for myself the first week of school!!
But hey, you had a great workout and that goes a long way!
I have those New Balances!! I really like the ecco's. They're darling!!
Hi, Melanie. I'm one of the Book Club girls that you sent such a cute and thoughtful gift to. I love magnets, and those Paris magnets are so cute. Thank you!
I've also forgotten about my kids on early out day. It's embarrassing. :)
I have forgotten to pick up my kids and that is a horrible kind of parental guilt! When my kids switched to a new school that gets out early on Mondays, I had the hardest time making the switch. One time they had to call me 1/2 hour later! Ouch.
Those pink/green shoes are to die for!!
What?! How did I miss that you are missing the blog party? So not cool! I need to meet you, Melanie! Is there any hope for leaving early or arriving late to your reunion?
Post a Comment