Tuesday, February 06, 2007

So much better

I am so glad today was a new day. Yesterday I started two different posts and I just couldn't finish them. I was in this weird blah, bleck of a mood yesterday and I really have no idea why. I'm sure I could tag it with hormones or the dang sun not appearing but even those things didn't seem to add up. It was all around just an off day and I was in a funk!! I started a blog to express myself and not censor my bad moods (to make it real) but I was so whiny I was even annoying myself! I told myself I could 'give in' yesterday and then today would be a new day. I was right, today was so much better!

Last night I asked (ok, begged) Milo to let me sleep in today. He made all sorts of jokes about not letting me, that it was his turn but he took one for the team today and let me sleep in. I did get up and do Kathryn's hair for school but back to bed it was after that. I just love lazy mornings and I did not want to get up even after it was time. After a hot shower, getting my hair and makeup done I was a new woman. Crazy how the little things make all the difference some days!
Today after Milo took Nathan to preschool he came in the house trying to hide something. He was hiding some wonderful Good Mail from Kristi! (He usually asks where his Good Mail is!) She sent me some delicious candy, I love the candy bar she sent (one of her favorites), the chocolate was so good! I have never had one before but it is now a favorite! And this is another reason on why I love Good Mail, she read my 100 list and sent me some Aquaphor for my hands (they are always in water, therefore dry and cracked). I love this stuff and have used it like they use Windex in My Big Fat Greek Wedding! I use it on my hands, feet, kids faces and cuts. Really the uses are endless! I gave away the tube that I had, my nephew gets those rosy red, chapped cheeks and it works so well for that. How would Kristi know that? Thank you so much Kristi, I love it all!

On Friday, my baby shower friend, Anna, is going to be induced. Yeah, I love newborns! I even love their scrunched up, uneven, swollen faces. To me they are all precious and I can't wait to hold him. Do you love newborns as much as I do? If I could handle it, I would have 10 just to have that little phase so many times (don't freak Milo, you know I couldn't handle it!).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie...you make me laugh. Just reading you say, "don't freak Milo, you know I couldn't handle it!" brings your voice through loud and clear. I wish all blog readers could hear your voice. It's such a happy one with the best laugh attached.

What great and thoughtful good mail!

By the way, could you e-mail me the candybar game you played at Anna's shower? I'm helping to give two showers next week and would love the idea.

So glad you're a new woman today...but the old one suited me just fine, too :)

Anonymous said...

What yummy good mail! I have been haveing such a good time the past few minutes looking over your blog and reading your entries! I loved all your Elder Eyring quotes ... he is one of my favorites. You sound like so much fun - incidentally, I would have reacted the same way with Ikea trip! :)

amy gretchen said...

I'm so glad today or yesterday for that matter was a better day. I think it's weird how some days you can wake up in a funk and others not. I wonder if you (generally speaking) should try to fight it? I always let it take over. I guess it's too powerful to fight. Ok now I'm just rambling...I'm glad you feel better.

Great mail from Kristi.

Donna said...

"Good mail" How fun.
I go to sleep in on Sunday . That was so wonderful !!!!!!!! I think everyone gets to have one day a month to be LAZY!!!!!!!

Laurie said...

I do love the look of little newborns, especially my own. It's such a trying time for me that I feel like I don't get to enjoy their littleness enough. I guess that's the bonus of nursing - you get to hold them for hours on end.

I know what you mean about wanting to write a cranky post and then thinking, nah, I'm sick of myself!

Glad you're doin better.

jenny said...

Girl, I have been whiney all week! Are we all on the same cycle these days? j/k. I am glad you got some extra sleep and a hot shower. We all need that once in a while!

I am laughing about your Aquaphor, sounds like you use that like I use bag balm. What a thoughtful package from Kristi.

As far as newborns..... YES! I love them, the smell, to hold, the noises, okay I'll stop. But, you get the point. It's a good thing they grow up or I might of had WAY too many :)

Anonymous said...

I love when the next day is better than the last mood wise. Sleeping in would totally do it for me- not to mention the hot shower.

I love holding newborns and can't get enough of my niece right now. Knowing I have one in the works just makes me smile...

Elizabeth said...

Sleeping in days are the best! And good mail. I am glad you hade some good pick me-ups!

Price Cream Parlor said...

LUCKY! I don't remember the last time that I was able to sleep in while at home! That is fantastic! I feel the same way at times - just wake up on the wrong side of the bed and are just grumpy and down. Hate those days! Glad that today was a new day for you and things are better!
Hooray for GOOD MAIL! That is always a bonus!

everything pink! said...

melanie, i don't know why but i have just been thinking about you so much.

i was thrilled to read through your list and then have a reason to get out of the house, go to the store and search for something that you had listed. i was so bummed easter candy is not yet on the shelves or you would have a box of it.
those candy bars i usually buy at the commisary but they sell them at target, twice the price but worth every penny!
you are great!

Jill said...

The combination of sleeping in and good mail is therapy in the making. I'm so glad today was a better day!

Crystalyn said...

melanie! i hear you on the BLAH feeling day. what is going on these days? i'm glad you got such great good mail and that you got to sleep in...dreamy! glad you're feeling better.

michelle said...

We love Aquaphor here too. It's the only thing that works on the winter rashes my boys get on their faces! So thoughtful of Kristi.