Today was one of those days where you clean up the living room 14 times before lunch, 11 times between lunch and dinner and give up after that! I sent them all to bed early (before 7:30, usually it's 8) and they needed it, not one of them was awake just 20 minutes later. Yeah I've been waiting since 6:40 this morning for some quiet time. Is there anything better at the end of an annoyingly loud day? Not to me!
I'm happy to report that Nathan didn't get sick in the night but he wasn't himself today either. Probably a reason for all the loudness. I'm hoping for an outing tomorrow, we all need it!
I had my first Cadbury Creme Egg this year. I love these things. Most people I know don't like them but this is what the website says so someone must. Do you love the creme egg like me? Is it just a UK thing?'If you laid all the eggs made on the Creme Egg plant end to end, they would stretch all the way from the Bournville factory in Birmingham UK to Sydney in Australia - that's 12,000 miles.
The Cadbury Creme Egg plant at Bournville can produce more than 1.5 million eggs per day. It is the best selling confectionery item between January 1st and Easter; over 200 million are sold annually, 3 for every person in the UK.'
Tomorrow brings more hair (2 colors), more laundry and hopefully more patience!
24 comments:
I am with you on the peace and quiet after a day of yelling and can sympathize with the constant cleaning, but the eggs, I'm with the majority on that one. But then again, I'm not a big chocolate lover either.
Sorry, I love Cadburys but I don't love the eggs. Gimme some crunchy Robin Eggs at Easter time, I am happy.
I am SO with you on the kid noise factor. Unfortunately, it's just a single child for me. My 3 1/2 year old can do a shrill girl-scream that would make you pull your hair out. It's so annoying. Needless to say, I am not doing well with my goal to stop yelling this year!
Why yes I do love Cadbury eggs. In fact, that is what I buy the most of at Easter time, and I hoard them all year long. Hopefully my kids won't see that.
I love the quiet at night. Even when the kids aren't being loud, it is noisy here, just the nature of having 5 children in a small house. Night time is the best!
I can eat part of one of those Cadbury Eggs, but much prefer the smaller chocolate-only eggs, the inside goo is too sweet for me.
It has never occured to me that my kids might have swallowed megaphones during the night, but that would certainly explain the noise level some days.
I'm familiar with cleaning the house 25 times during the day only to end up with a messy house. Normally I would wait til 5 to have us do the major clean up, but these days Jack is emptying drawers and swiping everything off shelves all through the day, not to mention throwing food everywhere. It's going to be a messy year at our house.
I will admit to indulging in a large Cadbury creme egg from time to time. I like the mini version of them that come in the carton type package. My husband and I can eat one of those in an evening.
It drives me crazy when my kids get super loud. It is winter break here, so you know I am pulling my hair out. The quiet time at night is so nice! That chocolate egg looks yum, I can usually only stand about one of those, too sweet for me.
Swallowing megaphones-- now why didn't I think of that-- I love your description!
Oh I LOVE the Cadbury eggs Melanie. I really love the bite sized ones that Laurie wrote about. Less guilt?? I adore the solid Cadbury eggs that Jill mentioned, too. We have a friend in the UK who sends us Cadbury and other chocolates. It is so much fun to see what other chocolates and candies they have. My girls love it when we get a package from her.
My kids have been very loud as well. I am so ready for spring so they can yell outside!!!!!!
Cadbury eggs Yummy!!!!!
Swallowing megaphones -- that cracked me up! I am SO happy that there was no throwing up at your house. I feel like it's my personal nemesis this year, so when throwing up is defeated anywhere, I must rejoice!
I liked Cadbury eggs as a kid, but then tried them as an adult and it was much too sweet. I love the little eggs with the shells, though.
So glad you made it through the night.
My kids finally went back to school, after being out for three days for Mardi Gras. It's nice to have things back to normal.
I like the cadbury mini eggs...the chocolate ones.
I totally love the eggs! There is an art to eating them. Nibble a hole in the top then suck the creme out leaving you a big empty shell! Yummy! (I hear that fabulously skinny and sexy people wash them down with pepsi/lemonaid. ;) I don't know, it's just what I hear.)
I feel the same way when bedtime comes...so nice to have a quiet house, but then it is a mad dash to get everything done that I want to get done before bed! I DO NOT enjoy the cadbury cream eggs, but I do love the mini chocolate ones!! :) And I love all easter candy (anything pastel!)
Glad you warned me about the eggs. Last year I didn't get any cadbury eggs (the hard shelled kind) and Cali informed me that was the ONLY thing she wanted in her basket. I was seriously on a hunt because there were none in town or in tri-cities. A friend gave me a bag when I told her about my dilemma.
After I read your post...I went straight to the store and got them. Thanks!
I feel that same way about picking up toys. It's to the point where I feel like that's all I do.
I have never tried the cadbury eggs. For some reasons the stuff in the middle just looks like a real egg and I don't dare eat it.
I hope your house is less "crazy" tomorrow. My kids must have swallowed a mega phone at birth. I laughed at that analogy--funny.
Interesting stat about the eggs. I am not a fan, but remembered you liked those chocolate ones from Christmas.
I am desperate for a color--wish you were closer :)
So happy to hear Nathan did not get sick but SO sorry about the loud day- I hate those! Our days are loud enough without throwing in extra loud ones! I can send my kids to bed early, but they don't go to sleep. I HATE bedtime at my house- it gets me really wired and wanting to eat!
Hoping you can make the most of your quiet time!
I hate loud days too. James has been way crazy this week.
I don't mind Cadburys....
I just saw your self portrait, I love the natural this is me right now pictures the best.
I got teary eyed reading about your lunch with your grandma. It makes me miss mine (she passed away two years ago) and she had many "quirks" that we teased and rolled our eyes about. Now those embarrassing lunch moments are sweet memories.
I love when I can put Kaitlin down early and have a little quiet time to myself. Alex goes to bed at 6:00, and sometimes when Jeremy's out of town I keep Kaitlin up from her nap so she'll go down at 6:00, too. I then breath a sigh of relief and head off to my "studio."
Now, why did you have to go and remind me of the Cadbury Cream Eggs? I love those things. I like to suck the cream out (so disappointing when the cream is not soft and runny!) and then eat the chocolate. I'm really trying to avoid all of the Easter kinds of candy. It's my favorite. Robin's Eggs, Cream Eggs, jelly beans. I love it all!
i love your megaphone line!! that is hilarious and i will have to think of it the next minute my kiddos get loud. i usually find myself talking louder and louder and louder just trying to have a conversation of my own. AAGGH! drives me nuts!
i'm typically an all chocolate kinda gal...
It drives me crazy to pick up and vacuum, only to turn around and see a mess again! Constantly.
I'm glad Nathan didn't get sick in the night!
I don't love the creamy Cadbury eggs, but I have a love affair with the small ones with a candy shell...
I love cadbury eggs! Have you tried the carmel ones? THose are just as good. I saw them in the the other day and had to walk quickley to resist the temptation.
I always try to put the kids to bed early especially when the loudness is crazy. I alwasy find the earlier you put them to bed the longer they sleep in. I am in such a need of my kids to go to bed now!!
Our house is quite disaterous most days. I work full-time & my husband works part-time and coaches b-ball. It's a tough schedule to fit cleaning into. I don't like to be a grouch about it all time. I don't want my kids to remember me like that, but I also want them to learn how to keep things looking nice. Such a balance! Cleaning relieves my stress so sometimes, I just get all worked up and storm around cleaning like a banshee - then we're all good. My kids dump out toys out of buckets/baskets just to irritate me, I swear.
I am with some of the other commenters, Cadbury eggs are too sweet for me. I like dark chocolate. My hubby loves those hard-shelled ones though and he usually buys & hords those.
I loved your self portrait post so fun! I like the first egg and then I get a little sick.
I love your "megaphones" reference. My 3 yr old has hearing issues and I definitely feel like he swallowed a megaphone most days - he talks SOOO loud!
Post a Comment