This weekend has flown by! What happened to 3 day weekends when all that went on was leisure and relaxing? Ha! So here goes, the update...
Saturday was a great day. I spent the morning cleaning and avoided the lure of the computer to blog, so hard! Ok, I did look just a little but judging by all that I got done I didn't get much reading in. I loved leaving the babysitter with a clean house. At least this babysitter anyway, she's awesome. She must have been taught the old school ways, she cleans up the house and has everything in it's place when we get home. And she is only 13! And she isn't even eligible for stake dances for a year, yeah for us! We left for the temple around 2pm. It is about an 1.5 hr drive. I was looking forward to the drive with Milo all day. No kids touching each other and yelling in the back. Pure bliss. It was absolutely GORGEOUS down there, 71^ degrees! I didn't want to leave. The sun was perfect, not too bright, and the air felt so fresh. I want spring in a bad way now. We did a little shopping (I found 3 shirts, unheard of for me) and had dinner at a great place. Our session was at 6:15 and when we made the appointment they said it would be packed. I wanted to get there early so we wouldn't feel rushed when we sat down. We made it in plenty of time, we had perfect timing. I love getting to go to the temple with Milo. I had great thoughts and reflections while we were there. A definite peace. Who doesn't love that? (I'm just hoping it isn't the calm before the storm.) We got a really good (but bad for you) ice cream and headed home. We made it home at 10 pm to find a spotless house, sleeping kids and a tired babysitter. Perfect!
Sunday was my day to teach RS. The month seems to go so fast, I felt like I had just taught last month's lesson. It was a great lesson, Spencer W Kimball #4, The Miracle of Forgiveness. I was intimidated because it is 10 pages long! I don't always feel pressure to get it all in, just to keep it all organized and my thoughts in order. Our ward was depleted because of the 3 day weekend, only 11 women in RS. That's small even for us. One reason I loved this lesson is because of how it applies to each of us. This lesson reminds us over and over that forgiveness and repentance are for every individual in everyday settings. Isn't that great? The Savior's sacrifice is for each of us to use so we can repent of anything, even yelling, gossiping, judging, etc., that keeps us from progression. Did you hear this lesson yesterday? Your thoughts?
After church, Milo's mom invited us up for dinner. She made an oh so good but bad for you dinner. Homemade fried chicken, potatoes and gravy, jello salad, and rolls. Oh and topped off with chocolate cream pie. It was delicious and we had a great time at her house. The kids ran wild and ate out of her candy drawer more times than I can count. We got home just in time for the kids to get ready for bed. We had family prayer and all of the sudden Dane looked up at me (not a good look that is) and started to cough. He started throwing up everywhere! I tried to catch (sorry for the visual) most of it as we ran for the bathroom. Luckily he never threw up again but he was up 5 times in the night whining. I'm sure he had a belly ache and it kept waking him up. Today it has turned into a cough/nose thing. I'm hoping we can rid the house of it before it spreads to anyone else (one can hope right?).
So far this week is looking like it will be pretty chill. Anything exciting for you?
19 comments:
Wow, sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend. Except for the throwing up, that is! Sorry to hear that! We got hit with that on Saturday night (for the zillionth time this winter). Never fun. Wonderful that you had a good date with Milo, and came home to a clean house! It's always disappointing to find a babysitter you love who then gets a social life. Hope Dane is feeling better soon!
Sounds like a great weekend. I know how hard it is to pull a way from the blogs so good for you and for getting stuff done.
Teaching RS is something I've never done and frankly fear. What a great topic though. I bet it was hard to fit it all in.
Next time you are in town, call me. Maybe we can get together for lunch. I love going to the Temple. I was going to go this Friday, but I just remember that I am going to go with the sister missionaries. So I will have to on another day. I really need to get to the Temple. I haven’t gone in February. That is so bad!!!!! I hope you have a great night.
What a fun weekend! What a great thing to do with Milo. And it must have been so great to have just the two of you for that long.
I wasn't able to make it to RS yesterday. I will have to read the lesson, sounds like a good one. I am sure you did great!
I hope Dane is feeling better. And more than that, I hope it takes a little while for your babysitter to get a social life. :)
Maybe I missed this, what temple do you attend Melanie? I love the quiet rides with my husband too! And the temple is always a great date!
Sorry about the throwing up- the visual was something I could totally relate to! Hope everyone is feeling good now! And back to school tomorrow!
I am bummed I missed that lesson. K wouldn't go to the nursery here in Cal. so I was roaming the halls with him. I will have to go back and read it.
I am excited for you that you got to get out and do shopping and the temple together. Yeah.
yeah what temple do you go to?
We are in the Columbia River Washington Temple district (is that what it's called?).
Sounds like a great day Melanie...and such control to stay away from the computer! Who minds the library while you're in R.S.? I'd love to hear your lessons.
Sounds like a perfect weekend right up until the throw up...at least it was only the one time. Hope everyone else stays healthy!
That was a great lesson. Sounds like you got the essence of it. I also love the thought of you getting away for the whole evening for such a fun outing. How great!!! Hope everyone is feeling well today.
Sounds like a great weekend! I love that your tiny babysitter will clean your home! There is nothing worse than coming home to a totally crazy house of kids and mess! So nice that you were able to escape for awhile and I love that you chose to go to the temple!
The visual I can relate to! Perhaps the trips to the candy drawer pushed him over the edge? Hope it is short lived and not shared!
Melanie-
I grew up in Seattle so I'm always looking for little hints of Washington in your posts! Is that a new temple? Seattle and Portland were the two available when I lived there.
A funny note from your comment on my blog- for a wedding present, I gave Kelly a bathroom reader! So funny your husband likes them too! Add that to the list of reasons I love getting to know you!!
I am laughing about your oh, so bad for you food comments. funny. We haven't been to the temple in a while due to schedules, etc. But I am happy to say I will be going tomorrow with my friend :)
We didn't have that lesson this week due to a substitute (They felt it would be a hard lesson) so we will be having it this Sunday. I would be intimidated by that too!
Awesome babysitter does she have any relative in San Antonio??
okay so im way jealous of the babysitter! we have YET to really find one that ACTUALLY picks up! i have 2 but they are 17 and not always easy to get..my girls will DEFINATELY be taught the "old way"..
nice to get out with milo-i too love drives with no kids!
Can your babysitter come to my house? We don't have a lot of young women in our ward but I feel anxious leaving Alexis with anyone she doesn't know to well, ie family. I did not hear the lesson, another missionary homecoming, but I did read it. Forgiveness is the President Kimball lesson. So now after your oh so good eating weekend, are you going to get your money's worth out of your not-on-sale running shoes ?:)
Glad you had a good getaway. I sure wish I could find a babysitter that would have the kids asleep and things picked up when we got home! Still looking...
I think R.S. teacher is a great calling - I haven't had it yet, but a girl can dream. I hope no one else gets sick!
sounds like a great and productive weekend! (minus the sickness). congrats on doing your house over blogging (this is what i should be doing right now ( :).
sounds like a great lesson. i would have loved to have been in your RS!
What a good weekend! Lots of good food, and the temple. How much better does it get?
I loved the RS lesson last week--but not the teacher. Fortunately, I decided that I would read all of the RS and Sunday School lessons before church. It's amazing how much more I get out of them. I come to church with my own thoughts, and then they are added to by the other people in my ward. It was a long lesson! I hope you were pleased with the outcome of yours.
Post a Comment