I love the way kid's minds work!! Last night during our family prayer we prayed about being ready for Fast Sunday. I just forget that they might not know all of the 'terms' when it comes to the gospel. So a couple minutes after prayer Nathan (5) says this...
'Fast Sunday? Ok guys, that means we have to eat fast, get dressed fast and drive to the church fast.'
How do you not crack up at that? We tried to explain what Fast Sunday is about but it didn't quite reach him (probably because he saw us laugh).
Apparently he even thought about it in the night because this morning before any mention of the day he took it upon himself to remind the other kids to do it all fast! So funny! He was so serious about it and he emphasized every fast. Oh to be as innocent and literal as a child!
15 comments:
My kids totally thought that fast Sunday went fast forever. They would always ask if it was "fast or slow" Sunday. James especially would be excited for "Fast Sunday" so we could be done sooner. Too bad they have to grow up, I love the cute things they say.
This is too cute. I love that he is encouraging everyone else to be speedy today.
That's so funny. If it actually works then you should tell them every Sunday is fast Sunday so they would move faster and be ready.
This is so cute! It is always interesting to get a little peak into what their little minds think about some things.
That is the cutest thing I have ever heard. I love the way kids think, so simple and so direct! I am almost sad when my kids get to the point when they start saying words the right way, or understand better. I love the innosence!
DOn't we all wish that is what Fast sunday was about? Cute story.
that is hilarious! so glad you wrote it down. you gave me a good laugh. i would have had a hard time keeping a straight face with that one.
I'm with Jenny -- I wish that is what Fast Sunday meant! So cute, that he took it so literally!
And I love your empty basket. I think my washer and dryer and I need to go on a weekend getaway together to catch up. Ooh la la.
Very cute to record. I wish that's what Fast Sunday was for too. I always forget it's Fast Sunday! I really need to work on that.
This cracks me up. I love the way children's minds think.
That is so funny! Glad you remembered to write that down!
How fun that he just held on and went with that. Great determination.:)
I can totally seeing Nathan saying that and reminding everyone to go faster! Cute!
Hilarious. Fast Sunday would be a little easier if it was really about moving faster!
ok that made me laugh. Nathan is so cute. I love when kids say such adorable things.
Post a Comment