I have been mulling over a word for 2007 for almost 2 months now. I have started a post at least 3 times. I have known I wanted to choose one but I just haven't done it. Spurred on by some one's question I decided to just sit here, not over think the post and write about my word for 2007. I chose the word BE. There is so much I want to BE.
I want to...
BE positive.
BE myself
BE accountable
BE committed
BE friendly
BE giving
BE spiritual
BE prayerful
BE understanding
BE active
BE healthy
BE mindful of others
BE selfless
BE loving
BE humble
BE flexible
BE accepting of a 'new and different' life with Milo out of school
BE exciting
BE stronger
BE confident
BE ready for change
BE thankful
BE fun
BE happy (can you hear the song?)
And really to sum it up, I just want to BE better. I want to leave this year at peace with the changes I have made. I know we don't get to stay where we are, we are either progressing or regressing and I don't want to live with regrets. I've already done that and I don't want to go back. So this year I want to BE what I listed above. My hope is that when I am faced with a challenge that I will remember this list, think and ponder it and BE able to make the right choice. I know what to do and I know I can do it.
Writing this post I felt like I was saying 'doggone it, people like me' and I can do these things. There is a whole lot of positive talk here but I guess that's why I wrote it. To help me stay away from the choices I make that slow my progress down (i.e. the yelling when it doesn't work anyway!) I want to stay positive and sometimes that takes work. I know it takes a choice by me and only me, every day, many times a day, to BE a better person.
15 comments:
Melanie this is an excellent word to focus on for this year. I love you list and think it's definitely doable. It's like the 6 B's, but different.
Bravo! A BEautiful choice. Really, loved your BE list, and it seems well adapted to your goal not to live with regrets.
I love your word, Melanie, and the list you made from it.
Great ideas, Melanie. Love the Stuart Smalley reference. Positive self-talk -- it can be hard to do, but so worthwhile! Here's to not living with regrets.
That's a great word. OK Ok this is cheesy, but Adam fell that men might BE, right? I know, I am a total dork. Good luck this year!
I also love your word. What a great post.
I hope you gave a wonderful day!
Love the word and the focus is beautiful.
You can do it!
What a PERFECT choice! I cannot think of a better word to use! There are so many things I need to work on...to BE better at! I am so glad you posted this!
love it melanie! love this word and your thoughts on it. i know what you mean about making more positive choices when the negative ones aren't working. i think you ARE a wonderful person.
Perfect word. There are many things I need to BE. Great list. Thanks for the reminder.
"Be" is a great choice and one I mulled over in my head a lot as well. I love your list and hope this year will end with you saying, "I have no regrets".
I love your word Melanie! So glad you posted it!
I struggled with so many words this year too. I think be is a great word. The list is great and it is making me want to BE a better individual too. Thanks ;)
Doggone it, Melanie, people DO like you!
This was wonderful. An excellent list that is worthy of accomplishing. I think it's going to be amazing to look back on in December.
Post a Comment