Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Feeling Productive

I have felt productive today even though my list to finish is still long. The sun is shining, no wind is blowing and I have felt the spring air. Gotta love it!

So far today I have-
  • Worked out
  • Watched 2 extra kids so their mom could go visiting teaching and to her other son's class for his birthday. They were good so it wasn't painful at all.
  • Cleaned out all the window sills (they were disgusting, I felt like a dirty person. I hate all that winter grime). Now I can open my windows and enjoy the spring air.


  • Made my own bag salad. Marion (my mil) makes this and shares it with me. I love it when it is done but I hate taking the time to make it. It lasts longer than the stuff you buy, is a lot fresher and much cheaper for the amount it makes. I eat salads so much better if it is all made ahead (I guess that means I'm lazy). No excuses now.
  • Had a haircut appointment. It went really fast.
  • Ate lunch with Milo (we never get to do that)
My mom is coming for Spring Break tomorrow (she's a teacher so she gets all the breaks, lucky). I am excited for the visit but not nearly as much as the kids. They love to have her come. And if the truth be told, I think she likes to see them more than me now. I don't blame her, she's hung with me for 31 years and by now I'm a little on the boring side. We don't have a plan as yet but I don't want to waste all the time she is here just hanging out at home so we need to think of something.

That's about it for this girl. I really need to get to the store but have been talking myself out of that one for the past few days. We aren't in dire straits yet (thankfully) but with only a 1/2 gallon of milk left we are close! Do you put off your grocery shopping as long as possible too? Never fail, I always do.

17 comments:

Anna said...

You were a productive little "housewife" today! A little bit jealous here. By tonight you will be doing some other little projects Im sure of it!

carlo said...

i am still putting away groceries from my first trip in over 2 weeks. eeeek! that is way too long

enjoy your break adn your mom. awesome!

Elizabeth said...

I make my own bag salad also. It's the only way we will eat it regularly. So glad you had such a productive day and so glad your Mom is coming. Have fun.

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donna said...

What a busy day you had. I love to open the windows and enjoy the spring air:) Have fun with your mom!

jenny said...

I am glad I am not the only one who HATES making salad. But isn't it great and handy when it is ready? I just did mine and ziplocked it into my fridge too. I HAD to go to the store today. We were in dire need. The bummer part was the bill at the end. I put it off as long as I can too!

Hope you guys have a fun time together. When in doubt go to lunch. Thats always fun right? Or maybe a chick flick?

Matt said...

What a great idea, but my real question is what kind of salad is in that bag? Glad you can take some time off with your mom.

amy gretchen said...

You got tons done, especially coming from woman who got nothing done the last few days due to potty training. Yikes, my house is a disaster.

amy gretchen said...

Have fun with your mom and spring break.

michelle said...

I'm going to try making my own bag salad! What a great idea. I love salad but am too lazy to make it often enough.

I love that you said the babysitting wasn't too painful!

Anonymous said...

Great idea on the bag salad- I am totally going to do that! I put off the store a lot too- I just hate going while so pregnant right now, it wears me out. But really, I can come up with any old excuse ;)

Natasha said...

Great bag salad idea. Yes, I tend to put off grocery shopping until the milk and bread are both totally gone, then say I'll never do that again (only to do it again next time)!

Christina said...

im LOVING the weather today! 75! OH YA! i actually went out and weeded the front yard and chopped some bushes down-look out--

i buy a BIG ol bag of spinach leaves from sams club, and then some romaine lettuce from sams club and then mix those together..well lets be honest, i make rachel make our salads -she LOVES to do that-

YES i keep putting off groceries too..so far im okay!! haha

Diana said...

You were productive today. That salad looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

I've never thought to make bagged salads. I usually make a large bowl of salad and eat it daily until it's gone or no good, whichever comes first. How long does it keep in the ziplock? I love eating salads, but dread the making. Especially since my favorite salad has real bacon, avacado, tomoato & red onion - that's a lot of prep. I usually make it after we've had breakfast and left over bacon!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it startling to somehow realize that your kids are way more of an attraction for your parents than you are. That's totally the situation in our family. I hope you have a great spring break with her!

carlo said...

i am so pleased to see that you haven't posted-- though i miss you it is surely a great sign that you are enjoying your visit with your mom.