Tuesday, March 27, 2007

SPT- My Spring Fever


Spring shows what God can do
with a drab and dirty world.
- Virgil A. Kraft

With all the spring flowers and tree blossoms (my favorite) that I have seen on blogs this morning, I am feeling hopeful ours will be here soon too. I am quite jealous because I love new buds and blooms. Where is our spring and why is it taking so long? I drove all around today to find a tree full of beautiful blossoms and couldn't do it in the amount of time I had to spare. I did find just one, but it was in the middle of town and while I fully support SPT, I just couldn't do it in our small town. For sure someone would have seen me, would have asked weird questions and I wasn't in the mood to explain it all.

I found this small sampling that new leaves are on the way. I love barren twigs with fresh life showing through. The color is so bright on these leaves, I'm not really giving it much justice here.

But as I was driving past out church building, I realized the grass was much greener there than it is at home. I LOVE green grass. I have no idea how to get it myself (I pretty much suck at all things associated with yards and gardens) but I love thick, full green grass. It rained all last night and some this morning but I couldn't resist the pull to lay down and take a my self portrait this way. I didn't get too wet and the kids thought I was hilarious. Last weekend we bought fertilizer so hopefully that means green grass here soon. Oh and blossoms, I hope the blossoms come soon too!

Check here for all the people with Spring Fever. You wont be disappointed with all the gorgeous photos!

17 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't have a green thumb, either. Nor do I have green grass right now or budding trees, or blossoming flowers, I can totally sympathize with you...where is Spring for us?!

carlo said...

love that you took the green grass pic. too cute! it is so much fun to see everyone.

michelle said...

I LOVE that quote! And I love the new leaves unfurling, that is just as happy to me as the blossoms!

donna said...

What a great post :) I think that is so cool that you took a picture of the grass at the church!!!


I wanted to take a picture of me with the flowers at the Temple. But I didn’t want anyone to see me, (I have a lot of friends that live next to the Temple.) and I didn’t want them to think I was crazy!!!! What am I saying, my friends already know I am crazy!
I love you hair. Way cut.

donna said...

PS so sorry, It is way CUTE!

Elizabeth said...

I hope the blossoms come soon up there. It is fun to see those of you that down on the ground with spring.

jenny said...

I always wonder why and how the church always seems to have much greener lusher grass. I love your self portrait. My kids thought I was a nut too. Love it!

Jill said...

How funny that you were driving around hunting for signs of spring (I bet you wouldn't have done that if it weren't for SPT). Your pictures turned out great, and I love it that you laid down on the wet grass to get that picture.

Amie said...

I long for thick, green grass too. Once again, "this is our year" to landscape, we shall see.

What a good idea to lay down on the grass. I love the blossoms too, I hope ours don't all freeze tonight.

becca said...

I LOVE green grass! Cute photos and what a great quote!!

Laurie said...

I LOVE green grass and blossoms too! You look GREAT girl. Such a pretty smile.

Melinda said...

I have to say that I am horrible when it comes to gardening. Jason and I both do not doing it. I love how bright the green is on the trees!

Your little Nathan is sooo cute!!

Amy said...

I love your opening quote. I definitely need to write that down to keep somewhere.

Wonderful pictures. Wonderful spring.

Anna said...

I really am over winter! We need a spring outing, maybe that will bring it on faster!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures of you! The grass one is great- and such a bonus that your kids thought is was hilarious :)

annalisa said...

You look very cute in your photos. I don't have a green thumb either. I try, but it's just not natural for me.

amy gretchen said...

Loving your spring photos and am glad you went searching for it so I could see it. Man I can't believe how green the grass is. I can't wait for it to get warm...it has been snowing all day for me.